Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Dreamed a [Crazy] Dream

In dreams, anything is possible!
Hiya, Friends!  Hey.  You know how a motto of mine is "Dream Big," don't you?  I have a shirt that says "Dream Big" on it and everything, and that's what I strive to do, any opportunity I have to dream.

But when I combine my mission to dream big with eatin' spicy food too late at night, interesting things happen.

Crazy, really.

Okay, here's what happened.  It started out sort of normal enough.  It really did.  I was drivin' a brass-era horseless carriage.  And I was all duded up in era-appropriate garb, much like something you'd see Harriet Quimby, the first woman to earn a pilot's license, wear.  I was drivin' right down the middle of the Bing, wavin' at people and my pals Sabretooth and Patty Mint were throwin' candy to people.  I guess you could say it was a parade, except my brass-era horseless carriage was the only vehicle.

In crazy dreams, anything is possible and far-out!
It really isn't a big stretch of the imagination for me to be drivin' an old car, Friends. I've been around old cars my whole entire life.  American Motors Corporation cars.  My favorite's the Green Hornet.  It's LOUD!  But I love 'em all!

But I'll admit that despite this, it did give me pause that I was drivin' a brass-era horseless carriage.  I'm talking early 1900s Pierce-Arrow, E.R. Thomas stuff.  That's older than any of my beloved American Motors Corporation cars. 

Well, then, my dream took a crazier turn.  Suddenly, the road turned into a LAKE!  It was either Llake Lloyd or Seneca Lake.  I love Seneca Lake, so that's probably what it was.  Thing of it is, I was still in my horseless carriage, but it was handling the water like a champ!  And instead of throwing candy to my friends along the street in the Bing, Sabretooth and Patty Mint were catchin' Snickers Bars out of the lake with glowy, glittery poles!

That isn't all, though.  Next thing I knew, that classy old chassis started accelerating on toppa the water, and we started kickin' up a good wake!  Just when I thought I was gonna turn around and see the Little Giraffes waterskiin', the nose of the horseless carriage tipped up, and we climbed up in the AIR!  We were FLYIN'!  And we could reach out and grab pieces of the clouds, and they tasted like cotton candy!  Good thing Sabretooth and Patty Mint were along in my flying horseless carriage, because I had to concentrate on aviating insteadda collecting cotton candy cloud filaments.

Just when I thought my day in my amazing horseless carriage couldn't take any more turns, the engine sputtered, and stalled out.  Friends, I cannot tell you how terrifying this was.  Because it wasn't like when an airplane stalls and ya put the nose down to get it going again.  It was like when a car stalls, and the engine quits.  And those old brass-era jalopies are temperamental.  I did everything I could to get that engine restarted, but it wouldn't, and we were fallin' like a maple leaf in October.  Poor Sabretooth and Patty Mint buckled up and put on helmets and got ready for impact. 
We landed that horseless carriage right in some icing!

Friends, it was a dire situation.  A brass-era horseless carriage didn't have roll-cages, side-curtain airbags... or any airbags, for that matter.  I knew it was getting time to wake the heck up on outta this crazy dream, but then...

Then, a giant cupcake appeared, and the brass-era horseless carriage circled it until I could land.  And I did a perfect landing, right in the icing.  Sabretooth and Patty Mint were ecstatic.  So was I!  You can imagine!

What a crazy dream.  I'm so glad it had a happy ending.  But boy, isn't that just what I get for eatin' spicy food too late at night?!  Sheesh!

Anyway, Friends, I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment