Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Bring Your Bunny to Work Day!

I wouldn't think to bring anybunny other than Abigail to work with me!
Hiya, Big People!  What day is it again? ... Friday?  Well, how about that?!  We've made it through another week!

Hey.  It's National Bring Your Bunny to Work Day, so I brought my long-eared pink pal Abigail with me.  Abigail's a special friend who got me through a rough patch earlier in the spring, and I cannot thank her for that enough.  I just love this lagomorph!

So anyways, I'm at Donut Dude's World Headquarters today, doing my job as Director of Donut Development, so naturally Abigail got to come to one of my brainstorm sessions with my team.  She was BRILLIANT!  She developed two winning donuts on her first day!

Bein' a bunny, Abigail has a lotta knowledge about carrots, and she said they'd make a great donut.  She figured the most obvious choice for a carrot donut would be your simple glazed cake donut, but insteadda regular donut batter or blueberry donut batter, it'd be CARROT CAKE batter.  We sent it down to the test kitchen, they made up a batch, and BOOM!  They went into production thirty seconds after we tried 'em up in my conference room.

Oh, yeah.  I have my own conference room now at Donut Dudes.  I'm kind of a big deal here.  Plus, there's ALWAYS donuts in my conference room!

Anyways, the second winning donut Abigail developed today is a filled carrot cake donut with cream cheese filling and a powdered sugar outside.  It kinda took a little extra developing on that one, because you generally don't see much of a flavor for the donut part of a filled donut, except maybe chocolate sometimes.  So the recipe took a little tweaking.  And then we tried frosting the toppa the Cream Cheese Filled Carrot Cake Donut with cream cheese icing, and it was just too darn rich.  The powdered sugar was our second choice anyway, so it wasn't hard to call down to the production kitchen and tell 'em which way to jump, there. 

I'd say Abigail did really great on Bring Your Bunny to Work Day!  If you're thinking I might feel threatened that she's so brilliant and Donut Dude might notice and replace me with Abigail, that just isn't how I am.  But I DID hire Abigail to be part of my Donut Development Team.  I figure we really need a brilliant bunny mind on board here!  She has her own little bunny-sized desk now, and she's working up a way to tie in all the carrot cake goodness with a Li'l Dudes spinoff for both her new donut flavors.  Li'l Dudes are Donut Dude's version of Timbitz, Munchkins, or donut holes... except BETTER. 

How about that, Friends?!  I think that when ya think there's enough success to go around for everyone, it starts to come true! 

I love ya lots, Big People, and I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Enjoy your Friday!  I know I sure will!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment