Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Well How About That?!

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle's niece!  
Friends, sometimes people tell me the most incredible things, and I am at a loss for what to say in response. 

You know how it is.  Somebody pulls a quarter out from behind your ear, and that's MAGIC, right there, so what do you do?  What do you say?  "Thank you?"  Hardly seems appropriate, and that's unusual, because I think it's most of the time appropriate to say "Thank you."  You could say "Whoa!" I suppose.  But you wouldn't want your magician friend to mistakenly think you've mistaken them for a horse, or they won't be so inclined to pull quarters out from behind your ears then, and that could really cut into your walkin' around money if you're Threena Half.

Also, when a Big Person takes your nose, they seem to be wantin' to get a rise outta ya.  Maybe they wantchya to say "Give me my nose back!"  or "What'd ya do that for?!"  I've never risen to this particular bait, Friends.  I've had my nose taken so many times, you'd think I'd just have a spot on the middle of my face that says "Zoe's nose usedta be here," but in fact, I sure don't!  I seem to still have my nose, at least as evidenced by the fact that I can still smell something delicious from a ZIP code away.  Maybe my nose just has extreme regenerative powers.  I'm guessing not, though.  Something's fishy here, with this gotchyer nose bit.

But what DO I say in times suchas these?  What can a little kid say to convey shock and awe, without putting emotions into it? 

"Well, how about that?!"  Is my go-to, Friends.  The way you say it changes the meaning.  It's the pashmina shawl of expressions.  Versatile, classic, suits a variety of different sizes and ages and such.  everybody can use it.

Another rising favorite of mine, that's trending with me right now, is "I'll be a monkey's uncle's niece."  But whenever I say it, I get a nearly uncontrollable hankering for bananas and banana products.  Not sure what's up with that!

I might not always know what the right thing to say at the right time is, Friends, but I do know I just love ya to pieces.  You're good people.  And I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment