Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Eating to Win!

What? They're grapes.  I'm eatin' grapes.
Hiya, Friends!  Recently, I watched the NHL Draft Day, and noticed that when they talked about a lot of the players that were going to be drafted by hockey teams, they talked about "So-and-So already knows the importance of eating to win."

It got me to thinking that I wanna win, too, so I'd better figure out how to eat to win, myself, even though I'll never be drafted by the National Hockey League.  There are lots of other arenas in life in which I can win.  It doesn't hafta be a hockey one.  But wouldn't that be cool if I did get to play hockey in some league, and I could eat to really win?

Anyway, I've done a lot of reading about it on the internet, and as it turns out, sweets really are too good to be true.  That makes me really sad, because I like cookies, and cake, and candy, and as much as I'd like to eat those things all day, every day, I've learned that if I wanna win, I can't.  It'd be like if I poured sugar into the gas tank of one of Daddy's cars.  Besides Daddy getting really mad, the car wouldn't run very well, and because I'd been eating lotsa sugar and putting it in my gas tank, I wouldn't run very well, either.  So I guess sweets are a sometimes-treat, and that's okay.

The next thing I learned is that I've gotta eat to fuel my muscles so I can run faster, jump higher, and just be in better shape.  And food provides me with the right building blocks to build stronger muscles and a stronger me!  For instance, eggs are really good for you!  They have protein.  I love eggs!  Meat also has protein, but I'm on the fence about meat.  I don't not like it, but sometimes I just don't like to chew it. 

Milk and milk foods help my bones and teeth get strong and stay strong.  This is good news for me, because I like milk. I drink it by the bucket-ful, six ounces at a time.  I love string cheese!  And yogurt!  And ice cream!

Winning, one bite at a time!
I also like whole grains.  They give me a dose of energy right now. My favorite thing right now is Ezekiel Bread or Rye bread with seeds, toasted, with some coconut oil on top instead of butter.  I like butter all right, a lot even, but butter (and ice cream, if I'm being painfully honest with myself) isn't something you wanna eat a lot of when you're eating to win.  Coconut oil tastes really good, anyway, so I really like it on my toast!

My favorite food group is the one with fruits and vegetables.  I haven't met one of either I don't like, but I DO have my favorites.  You know I love bananas, and blueberries and grapes.  They're my favorite right now!  But did you also know that I love to eat lettuce and tomatoes?  It's true!  I've been fascinated by romaine ever since I could sit up by myself, and now I finally get to have some of my own! 

I think I like Eating to Win!  I'm gonna keep up with it, but not be above a treat every now and then.  So look out, World!  You never know what Zoe's gonna win next!  I love ya, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment