Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Spaghetti Betty

Tell me about this spaghetti tree you saw!
Hiya, Friends!  You know what?  I love spaghetti.  I love it so much I even have a spaghetti-based nickname because of it.  You see, my middle name's Elizabeth, and a short form of that is "Betty," so my spaghetti-based nickname is "Spaghetti Betty." 

I know it's not super-original, but that doesn't bother me at all, and neither does having the nickname in the first place.  I really do love the spaghetti.  Doesn't matter if it's plain, buttered, with tomato sauce, with meat in the sauce, with mushrooms, meatballs, or other vegetables.  I just love it.

One of the main reasons I love spaghetti so much is because when you get it out of the box, it's like little twigs, and then you put it in hot water, and it turns into spaghetti you can eat. 

Didja hafta mulch it with Parmesan cheese?
If that isn't magic, I don't know what is!

Another thing I love about spaghetti is that when I have some on my plate, I can pick it up and swing it around and then slurp it into my mouth and chew it right up.  When I learn how to braid, I betchya I could braid my spaghetti on my plate!

I can't remember when the first time was that I tried spaghetti, but it was when I was a little kid.  Mommy cut it all up for me, so instead of being in long, swing-aroundable strings, it was in short little pieces.  I'm not gonna lie.  That was a big bummer.  But overall, I liked the spaghetti a lot, and now she'll let me have it in a long spaghetti noodle sometimes, so I can twirl it around and around on my fork the way I've watched my Big People do.

Look at that!  Spaghetti of my very own!
Someday, I'd like to have an orchard where I can grow spaghetti trees.  I'm pretty sure I read on the World Wide Web that spaghetti grows on trees, and I sure would like to raise spaghetti.  I'm not sure really how it works, but I think that when the spaghetti grows on the tree, you hafta harvest it and put it in the box.  I'm pretty sure the boxes don't just grow alongside the spaghetti, right there on the tree. 

I imagine it's kind of a trying thing, being a spaghetti orchard farmer, but I think it'd be worth looking into, with as much as I love spaghetti. 

So that's how I got my nickname 'Spaghetti Betty.'  If you know anybody else that loves spaghetti as much as I do, I have a list of nicknames, if they fit.  Here goes:

Meatball Paul, Marinara Sara/Sarah (works either way!), Saucy Flossie, Alfredo Sauce Ross (but only if Ross really likes Alfredo sauce!), and Parmesan Cheese Louise.

There you have it, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment