Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Best Thing Since Mum-Mums!

Friends, I've gotta show you something I think is great!
Friends, you know how much I love my Mum-Mums, and if you don't, lemme explain 'em to ya!  They're a really thin, really crispy rice cracker in the shape of a surfboard, and they come two to a pack, and they're delicious.  Got it? 

Remember, I REALLY love Mum-Mums.  I mean, when I ate my first Mum-Mum, I felt my whole world rock!

Now.  What I've recently discovered is the next best thing to those Mum-Mums!  Guess what it is!  It isn't even food, so you'll never guess!  But try to guess, anyway!

If you guessed algebra, you'd be wrong, and also kind of weird.  But if you love algebra, who am I to judge?  I'm just tryin' to get to whatever number comes after ten, so...

Me with my long, lovely, green silken hair!
Anyway, my amazing discovery that's the best thing since Mum-Mums are my colorful playsilks!  They're pretty much silk scarves, dyed in very pretty colors, and I can play with them however I wanna!  The other day, I tied a corner from two playsilks together and made a cape.  I've also seen 'em tucked into the waistband on a pair of pants to make a faerie skirt!  Or draped over something to make a tent.

One of my favorite things to do with my playsilks is to drape 'em over my head and pretend they're my hair.  I don't have long hair yet, so it's fun for me to pretend I do by using my playsilks.  I like to pretend I have fanciful-colored silken hair, like green!  In the picture off to the side, I'm the Little Mermaid in Reverse!   How about that?!

Another fun thing I do with my playsilks is make headwraps out of 'em and pretend I'm an exotic stranger in this fanciful land.  I even got a Foreign Dignitary Discount in the cafeteria here at my work, one time, when I forgot and left one of my playsilk-headwraps on my head.

Now I'm Babushka Lady, witnessing an historical moment on a grassy knoll!
At first, I felt really bad about that one, getting a discount in the work cafeteria.  I'm not foreign, and I'm not a dignitary!   But when I brought it to the attention of the girl at the cash register, she felt bad for assuming that I was a foreign dignitary, and then she felt bad for not recognizing me, and she called over her manager, and it was all a big hubbub. 

Long story short, now I'm known around the cafeteria as "Ambassador Zoe," and I always get the foreign dignitary discount, because the manager thought it was better to assume somebody's a foreign dignitary and give 'em a discount than to let a real foreign dignitary get by without a discount, so I guess I'll take the discount without protesting about it.

Hey, two percent is two percent, after all!  Am I right, Friends?!

No comments:

Post a Comment