Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

It's MY Office an' I'll Keep It Messy If I Wanna!

Hey! My office, my space!
FRIENDS!!! 

Sorry.  I'm type-yelling. 

Friends!  How's that?  Is that better?  ... It is? ... good!

Friends, I have a bone to pick with Mommy, and I'll tell ya what it is.  My office is MY office, but it seems like every time I turn around, she's come in and re-arranged all my things, and "neatened" things up, and "tidied" all my belongings.

I'll tell ya what!  It makes me MAD! 

Say I go up to my crib for a nap.  When I leave for my nap, all of my things are right were I can find 'em.  To some people, to Mommy, to YOU, even, it might look like a jumble of Playsilks, stuffed animals, and toys that make noise.  To me, it looks like I'm being creative and productive!

You're not tidying up back there, are ya?
And then it happens.  I'm up in my crib, sleeping and having wonderful dreams about floating down a strawberry milk river past a cupcake village, and when I come back to work, all my stuff's all in different places!

Some of my things are in bins!  Some of them are inside my Red Retro Kitchen!  Some have been stuffed away in my toy-pods!  Most egregiously to date, I was workin' on a big project.  I was workin' on how to spell "CAT" with my magnetic letters on my magnetic board, and that MOMMY undid all my hard work!  When I came back to work, those letters were all lined up on my board, according to alphabetical order.  I didn't ask for that!  I didn't want that!

Or.  Another example that just gets my blood boily.  My playsilks.  I like to have 'em down where I can play with 'em when I want, for as long as I want, and that Mommy takes 'em and clips 'em onto a hanger and hangs 'em up where I can see 'em, but I can't reach 'em!  OoooooOOOOOOOOOOh!  It just makes me so mad!
I just need my creative space to be creative, Friends!

I know whatchyer gonna say, Friends.  If I'd just put things back the way I think they oughtta be, Mommy wouldn't hafta pick up my office for me when I'm out of my office.  I know you're gonna say that, and I have an answer all ready for ya.  A rebuttal of sorts.  The thing of it is, I DO leave my office the way I think it oughtta be.  I like my creative space looking like a creative space.  It's Mommy, messin' it all up.  Far's I'm concerned, it's Mommy who has the problem here, not your pal Zoe. 

By golly!

Here's what I propose to my Mommy, to keep the peace in my office.  She should just let it be how I want it to be, and that's a creative space.  If she wants to tidy up the rest of the place, I will do my best not to un-tidy it, but I probably will, anyway, but at least she could leave my office alone.  I think that sounds more than fair!


No comments:

Post a Comment