Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

When Ya Take Time to Smell The Flowers!

Takin' time to smell the flowers! Oh, that's nice!
Hi, Friends!  Recently, I did as the old saying goes and took some time to stop and smell the flowers.  In this case, it was the clovers growing outside my house, in the lawn.

At first, it wasn't so bad.  I felt like I'd accomplished something, taking a break from my little walk to stop, bend down, snap up a little white flower, and take a whiff.  And it even smelled nice!

Oh, itchy nose!  Itchy nose!
The thing of it is, after a few seconds, the up-my-nose part of my face started itching.  Oh, it was just awful!  And the only way to get to an itch in the up-your-nose part of your face is to reach in with your finger to scratch it, and when I did that, Mommy yelled at me!  She said "Zoe, getchyer finger out of your nose!  Dirty!  SSxxxxxxxxS!"  And out of reflex, I did get my finger out of my nose, even though I wasn't trying to find anything up my nose, just trying to get the itching to stop!

Try telling that to my Mommy, though.  She's been obsessed with me not picking my nose ever since I was a little kid.  So every time my finger gets even near my face, she's going off like an unruly alarm clock.

'Take time to smell the flowers,' they said. 'It'll be nice!' they said.
That's what I get for taking advice from an old saying.  'Take time to stop and smell the flowers.'  Huh.  Sure.  Go ahead and take time to stop and smell the flowers if ya like having an itchy nose!

I'd rather take the time to stop and smell something that doesn't make my nose itch, like cupcakes!  They don't make my nose itch, by golly!  AND they're delicious.  I know some weird Big People out there eat flowers.  I like to eat cupcakes.  That's what I'm gonna take the time to stop and smell from now on, Friends.  Cake. 

How about that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment