Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

One, Two, Three, WHEEEEEEEE!

Counting to three is fun and easy for me!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, I've been learning to count.  I'm really good at it.  Listen: One, Two, Three... I mean, I'm not even One-Two, TWO!!! years old yet.  I don't really know how old I'm supposed to be to be able to count to three, but for me, it's a BIG accomplishment!  It really is. 

I'm not really sure how I figured it out, either, counting to three.  I know some little kids' Mommies will say 'when I count to three, you'd better be in bed, stop pouring water over the side of your tub onto the floor, get down off the couch, get off the stairs...' that kind of thing.  My Mommy doesn't.  Usually my Mommy sees me doing something I'm not supposed to be doing, and the only warning I get is "HEY!" before she's swooped me up and taken me somewhere far away from my illicit fun.  I don't know what I'd do with myself if she gave me until the count of three!  I really don't!

I DO know that I get to use one-two-three a lot when I'm walking with somebody.  Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz, for instance.  They each take a hold of my hands, and we walk, and then they say, 'One, Two, Three...' and lift me up so my feet are off the ground and it feels like I'm FLYING!  Why, the first time they did that and I felt the ground leave my feet, it tickled my belly so that I couldn't help it.  I yelled out "WHEEEEEEEEEE!" And ever since, when I'm out walking with two Big People, I'll start it, and say "One, Two Three!" and they'll lift me up off the ground, and it'll tickle my belly, and I yell "Wheeeeeee!" again!  Every time, even when I know what they're gonna do!

So the other day, I was in the tub, and I counted to three, because I had three of my stacking cups with me, practicing my pouring skills, and I counted to three, and that Mommy, always trying to make a fun thing educational, asked me 'What comes after three?'  "Wheeeeee!" I said!

Mommy laughed at me and said "It's FOUR!"

The thunder! The lightning! It's so cool! How's he do that?!
Nuts to that, anyway.  Nobody goes "One-Two-Three-Four!" and then lifts me up so my feet don't touch the ground and I feel like I'm flying. 

I'm gonna be happy being able to count to "Wheeeeee!" for now, Friends!  I'm not looking to win the Nobel Peace Prize in Trigonometry this year!

The only thing that disappoints me about this counting thing is that I haven't figured out how to make it thunder and lightning the way that purple fellow with the interesting overbite on the dang ol' Sesame Street does, after he finishes counting.  Boy, if I could figure out how to do that, it'd just be the best party trick ever, so if you have any tips on how I can make it thunder and lightning when I finish counting something, like "One, Two, Three!!!" Ha-ah-ah-ah-haaaaaaaa!  that'd be great, Friends!  Mmmmmkay, Zoe out!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment