Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Goggle Me!

Hey, Friends! Check me out in my goggles!
Hiya, Friends!  Do you know what one of my favorite things about summer is, besides summer?

Goggles!

Well, I think you Big People call 'em 'sunglasses.'  Either way, I love 'em.  One minute, I can be just me, and then I put on a pair of my goggles, and I'm still me, but I can be anything in my head that I wanna be!

While I'm wearing my goggles, I can imagine I'm an ace girl-pilot, flying loop-de-loops in the sky!  Or I can imagine I'm a racecar driver, zooming around the track.

Maybe I'm a scientist, and my goggles protect my eyes from fumes and spurts from my scientific experiments.  Or I'm a chef, cutting up onions, and I don't want the onion-juice to get in my eyes.

Don't laugh!  Onions can really mess you up if their juice squirts into your eyes while you're cutting them up!  They'll make you cry!
Come on, Friends! Let's go to the pool!

I'm not always imagining I'm an adventurer, though.  Sometimes, when I put my goggles on, I'm a Fancy Girl on vacation someplace Fancy!

In the picture to the right, for instance, I'm at a fancy hotel for the Convention for Helpers of the Plight of Little Giraffes Everywhere.  I went last year and met my friend Nora!  This fancy hotel is pretty great, because the pool has a swim-up donut bar!  How about that?!  You just swim, and ride the water slides, and then when you get hungry, you can swim up to the donut bar, or ride your floatie!  How about that?!

I like to visit that fancy hotel in my imagination a lot, Friends!  Although this year, I hear that the hotel where the Convention is this year has a Cupcake Village where all the houses are cupcakes and you can go inside and get cupcakes.  I can't wait to go to the Little Giraffe Convention this year!

In the meantime, it'll be me and my goggles, lookin' sharp and imaginin' things!

No comments:

Post a Comment