Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I'm Twenty-Two Months Old!

Do I get a cupcake today, or is that just for the big Two-Four?
Hiya, Friends!  Today's a special day for me.  A little after half-past midnight, I turned twenty-two months old.  I'm not really sure where all the time's gone.  I think I mentioned that in another post this week.  I guess I've just been busy growing up and learnin' stuff. 

One thing I've learned over the last twenty-two months is that milestones bring with 'em cupcakes.  I love cupcakes! 

Well, any kind of cake, really.  It doesn't hafta come in a cup.

Hey, hey.  I know we've talked about this before, about how if I just start talking and talking about cake, people'll think I have a problem, but go back through all my posts and count how many times I get to talkin' about cake on here.  Go ahead!  I'll wait!  Because I don't really talk about cake too often, and I don't get to eat cake as often as I talk about it.  That's just the fact of it, Jack.  That's just it!

I did get to have some cupcakes over the weekend.  They were for the Fourth of July.  They were red velvet, with white and blue tie-dyed icing!  They were good.  Maybe that's what's got me to thinking about cupcakes again, after all this time of not really thinking about cake too awful much.  I bet that's it.  That, and me being twenty-two months old today.  In which case, just humor me, Friends.  Let me talk about my cake, and maybe I'll get to eat it, too, but if I can just talk about it, I'll be okay.

I liked the red, white, and blue cupcakes.  I did.  But you know what?  If I had my way, I'd get chocolate cake instead of red velvet.  I like red velvet well enough, and it's better than no cake, but for all that food-color that goes into one, not much in the way of flavor comes to pay ya back.  Do you know what I'm saying?  It sure looks pretty, that red velvet, but in my book, ya can't beat the pop of flavor from pretty much any chocolate cake. 

Chocolate cake is my favorite of all the cakes!  And you can put any kind of icing on it, and I'll be happy!  The only kind I haven't tried yet is the peanut butter icing.  I get to try peanut butter in a coupla months.  I hear lotsa Big People like that kind of icing.

Well, Friends!  I've got a lot to do today, now that I'm twenty-two months old!  Back when I was twenty-two minutes old, or twenty-two days old, it was okay for me to just sleep all the time, but I've got places to go and people to see, so I'm gonna head on out now!  I'll catch ya later!  I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment