Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Yay, Zozie!

There's the finish line!  I see it!  I'm gonna win!
Hiya, Friends!  Hey, you know who my biggest cheerleader is?  No, it isn't Mommy and Daddy or Gramma or Grampa or Aunt Colleen or Uncle Lorentz or Rozzie.  I mean, they're all really supportive of me.  They really are, and they cheer me on whenever I'm doing something, and encourage me when I get frustrated, but my biggest cheerleader is actually....

ME!

I don't think it's egotistical at all, being my own biggest cheerleader.  The way I see it, I have the potential to be my own harshest critic, so if that's possible, what's so wrong with being my own biggest cheerleader?  You know what I'm saying?  I mean, every coin has two sides, so if you're gonna accept that there's things about yourself that need improving, ya might as well toot your own horn to yourself when ya do things right!

Even though I beat me, I still deserve to give me a standing ovation!
It just makes ya feel good!

Now, I'm not saying you should be all obnoxious about it, or only tell other people how good you are at being better than everybody else.  That's not what I'm about at all.  What I'm talking about is the way you talk to yourself. 

For instance, when I successfully count to ten, I clap my hands together and say "YAY, ZOZIE!"  I acknowledge that I did something right!  Also, when I put my clothes in the white hamper in my room, I give myself a big "YAY, ZOZIE!"  It works for all kinds of things, big and small, from beating myself in a one-gal footrace to eating all my salad at suppertime. 

The important thing is for all of us to know that it's okay to feel good about ourselves.  Self-esteem.  That's what I'm talking about.  If everybody had good self-esteem, the world would be a much happier place. 

Sometimes, people need a little nudge, saying nice things about themselves to themselves, so if you notice somebody doing something well or something good today, or even if they just look particularly nice or they have a knack for getting things out of the vending machine when it's all jammed up, maybe it'd be nice for ya to tell 'em you notice.  Might put a smile on their face!

Remember to say something to yourself that puts a smile on your face today, too.  For me, it's "YAY, ZOZIE!"

I love ya, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment