Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Oh, My Stars, So Many Cars!


Hey-ya, Friends!  Let's go for a RIDE!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, I love cars.  I really do.  Anytime Daddy has one of the sassy cars out, I've just gotta go out and look in it.  I love sitting in the seat.  I love the way the steering wheels feel in my hands, and I love imagining I can shift 'em.

I think shifting's gonna be FUN!

You know, I haven't really met a car I didn't like, either.  They're all pretty neat, in their own way.  Even Toyota Priuses, which I'll admit DO sort of put me off, but it's only because sometimes people who drive them look at those of us who don't drive them like we just pooped on their shoes for driving a non-hybrid car.

Self-righteousness, is what I'm getting at.  I don't care much for the self-righteousness.  So whatever you drive, whether it's a pick-up truck or a Prius (and I know that just got some Prius-driving teeth out there to gnash in disgust, putting Priuses and Pick-Up Trucks in the same sentence!), just live and let live.  If you're in the Prius, just be happy that YOU'RE getting excellent gas mileage, and that YOU'RE above all the issues that people who drive cool cars must have.  You can walk around with a smug little grin on your face in celebration of your superiority, but let's not start verbal altercations with people who drive something other than a hybrid car.

Because once you start going around the parking lot, criticizing the other drivers for their automotive choices, it gets to looking to a casual observer like me like mmmmmmmaybe there's a certain Prius driver out there who's maybe got some issues of his or her own.   I won't go into what issues I think they are, because on my part, it's all assumption, and you know what they say about assuming stuff!

Back to me and my love for cars, though.  I just think they're pretty neat.  They come in all different shapes and sizes and colors!  They all make interesting sounds, or in the case of the Prius, no sound at all- a stealth car!  How fun!

Don't forget to buckle up!
I gotta say, I like the noisy cars best, most of the time, because the noisy cars usually mean an older car, and for me, that's where all the car-character comes from. The older cars, you wouldn't mistake them for each other.  You know?

What I'm saying is that these days, cars in a certain genre all kinda look alike.  My Mommy's Jeep, for instance.  If I don't see the front grille, and just see the back quarter panel, I don't know for sure that I'm looking at a Jeep or a GMC or a Buick or a Ford.  Minivans like my Gramma's are the same way.  They're getting so they're all watermelons with windows, or slightly squared-off watermelons with windows.  And the Prius, that vehicle I can't decide whether I love or hate, well, it looks like you could swallow one of those babies and let it drive right through your digestive system and out the other end, and it wouldn't hurtchya a bit.

I mean, it'd hafta be all shrunk down, pill-size.  I'm pretty sure doctors would advise against swallowing a whole, real-size Prius and letting it drive through your digestive system and out the other end.

Now let's see how this thing corners!  Beep-beep!
Those old cars, though.  They had style. They had class.  Some of 'em even had fins!  Now why the heck would a car have fins, other than just to have fins.  I mean, WOW, there were some crazy things going on back in the Fifties and Sixties, weren't there?  And in the Seventies, like the cars that live at my house, they had muscle, and growl.  And the Eighties gave us the Delorean.  I LOVE Deloreans!

Anyway, there's a lot of kinds of cars out there to see and enjoy, Friends!  I think since we're all just trying to get from here to there and back again, we should all just be nice to each other, and not get all self-righteous around people who don't drive the same kind of cars we do.  Think about how boring the road would look if everybody drove a white Prius-shaped vehicle.  I like a little variety out there, folks, and I think deep down, so do most of us! 

I love ya, Friends!  Be nice to each other out there!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment