Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

How Hot Is It?

Stay frosty, Friends!
Hiya, Friends!  You stayin' cool in all this heat?  Boy, isn't it funny how it took so long for it to really feel like Summertime, and now here we are, boiling up hot?

I do my best to stay cool.  Actually, what I do is try not to get too hot.  Stayin' cool is impossible.

Anyway, I saw a video on the World Wide Web of somebody cooking an egg right on the pavement, and that was fascinating enough, but then I saw another where someone was attempting to bake some cookies in their car!  How about that?!

Now, I'm no MythBuster, but I tend to think that those folks who are trying to bake cookies in their hot car are the victims of hyperbole run amok.  You know why?  On the rare occasion Mommy bakes cookies for me (and it's a rare occasion, because my Mommy has no self-control, and I've watched her shove a half-dozen chocolate chip cookies in her mouth in a time that would make Cookie Monster say 'Slow Down!'), I've noticed that the oven gets preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 

And don't try cooking things in inappropriate places!
Now, I know I'm new here, but I'm pretty sure that 350 degrees Fahrenheit is hotter than the hottest car gets on the hottest day.  I mean I could be wrong.  But if ya think about it, eighty-five, ninety, even a hundred degrees feels really hot to us humans.  I'd say a hundred and ten or a hundred and twenty also feels really hot, but I think it'd just belabor my point, and also I've never actually experienced anything over a hundred, I don't think.  And then ya figure water boils at two-twelve.  That's hot enough to scald your skin!  Ouch!

Now, you hear all the time about people claiming to bake cookies on their hot, closed-up dashes in the summertime, but do you ever hear of anybody boiling water in the cabin of their car and making Jell-O while they're at work?

No.  You don't hear of those things, because I maintain that it simply doesn't get hot enough to boil water, much less bake a batcha oatmeal scotchies in your car.  It might heat up the dough.  It might melt the butter.  But if you're expecting to come out of your cubicle farm at the end of the hot day and enjoy a nice, crispy cookie, baked fresh on your dashboard, you'll be disappointed when ya see just a pan fulla warmish dough.

So instead of tryin' to bake cookies in your car on a hot day, I think your time and energy would be better spent splashing in a fountain and finding your town's best ice cream or water ice joint.  That's what your pal Zoe has to say about the matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment