Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Just Another Magic Monday! (Whoa-eee-oh!)

Mondays are magic if ya make 'em so!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Monday to you!

You know, whenever the weekly calendar rolls around to Monday, I can't help but think of that wonderful oldie by the Bangles called "Manic Monday!" 

When I was a really little kid, I used to think the words were "Just another Magic Monday!"  So that's how I always hear the song.  That's how I always think of it.  Magic Monday!

I know that we all grumble about Mondays, Friends.  I grumble about Mondays sometimes, too.  I'm tryin' hard not to get all negative on Mondays, but sometimes, I'll just have A Day, and the only thing that's wrong that I can see is that it's Monday, which is to say that it isn't Friday or Saturday. 

Remember: your attitude determines your altitude!
But the thing of it is, Mondays really ARE kinda magic, and here's why:  Monday is a chance to set your scoreboard back to zero.  It's like a mini-New Year's Day all over again.  No matter what happened last week, no matter what mood you were in, or whatchya did that you wish you didn't do, or no matter what got messed up, you get to start again this week.

And that's all because of Monday, Friends!

Of course, if you really wanna dig your heels in and hate Monday, and say my diaper and I are fulla poo for calling it 'Magic Monday," you can.  If you're down in the dumps because it isn't the weekend anymore, you can see Monday as the thing that ended your weekend.  You can make your Monday miserable, if you wanna.  You can do that, but I'll tell ya a little secret, Friends: if you're lookin' for misery, you'll find it.  If you're lookin' for Magic, you'll find that, too!

Hiya, Monday! Let's have an Adventure!
Something I tell myself over-n-over again is that my attitude determines my altitude.  It has to do with airplanes, just in case you think it sounds like a buncha gobbeldygook.  See, a plane's attitude is whether it's nose-up, nose-down, or its nose is level.  If the plane's nose is level, the plane stays level.  If the plane's nose is down, the plane starts going downhill, so to speak.  If the plane's nose is up, that airbaby's gonna climb!

Guess what!  You don't hafta be an airplane for your attitude to determine your altitude, Friends!  You do what you wanna, but I'm gonna keep my attitude lookin' up.  This airbaby's gonna climb and fly, and fly, and fly!

So.  Here we are at a brand new week.  It's nice-n-fresh and crisp.  It's empty of mistakes and fulla possibility. 

It's just another Magic Monday, Friends!  That's all it is!  Don't let it psych ya out, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment