Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The REAL February Holiday!

You mean they put the Valentine's Chocolate on SALE today?
Hiya, Friends!  Well, how was your Valentine's Day?  How did people like your Valentine's Day Mailbox?  It didn't get its head knocked off by snowplows or Sour Girls, did it?  I sure hope not!

I had a pretty great Valentine's Day.  As you know, I'm an intern at St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital, so Mommy, Daddy, and Rozzie got me a doctor kit for Valentine's Day!  How about that?!  It's pretty neat!  Lotsa stuff in that kit for me to use while I doctor people!

That isn't even the most amazing thing about Valentine's Day.  Friends, didja know that the if you walked into a store yesterday or the day before, and you were lookin' for heart-shaped boxes of candy to get for someone special (YOU are someone special, too!), and the tag on the box said $10 for example, today you could walk into that very same store and pick up that same boxa candy for probably $5 or less! 

And do you wanna know a secret?  That candy in the marked-down heart-shaped box tastes JUST AS GOOD as the candy in the full-priced heart-shaped box.  It's TRUE!

If ya ask Mommy, she says it tastes EVEN BETTER when ya buy it on clearance than when it's full-priced!

So all those nougats and chews can be MINE for just pennies on the dollar?!
Now, I understand that waitin' until the day AFTER Valentine's Day to do your candy-shoppin' carries some risks.  For one thing, the store can sell out of the candy you want before Valentine's Day.  That's a bummer.  It can happen, though, so that's something you've gotta keep in mind.  You wait, you can end up picking from picked-over Valentine's Candy.

Also, your person you're buying Valentine candy for might not be so cool with getting their candy for just pennies on the dollar.  I don't understand this way of thinkin', but I do know there's people out there who'll get all insulted if ya turn up a day late with Valentine candy.  If there's any question whether your person is the kind to get all huffy about it, be sure you take the clearance sticker off (I mean, really, Friends- peel that bad boy right offa that heart-shaped box, and if it leaves a mark, slap a cute little sticker over toppa the mark- clearance stickers are like a matador's cape to some people!), and then as for why you're turnin' up a day late with the candy, just smile and offer 'em first dibs on that strawberry creme candy, or one of the caramels and talk about all the Olympic upsets, or the crazy weather.

Like I said, though.  I don't understand people who get all huffy when they get clearance candy, so long as the candy hasn't been on clearance so long that it's soapy.  That IS reason to get all huffy.  If ya really like somebody, you shouldn't care whether they paid full price for your chocolate or not.

Here's what I did for Valentine's Day, Friends: I made sure I had my Valentines around and ready to go for yesterday mornin'.  I DO think it's important to have the cards around and ready to go for the day itself.  If ya wanna save money on your Valentine's cards, go stock up on 'em today for next year.  But my friends I'd be buyin' chocolates for anyway really get me, and we talked about it before hand, and we all decided we'd go shoppin' today, out of the clearance shelves at the store, and we're gonna get together tonight for a big Day After Valentine's Day Chocolate Extravaganza!
Well, hitch up the wagon and let's go to the STORE! I want some marked-down candies!

I think this is a really great idea because first of all, why overspend for sweet treats, and second, it's an excuse to stretch out the holiday and extra day and have another fun time with your friends!

That's why I consider February Fifteenth the REAL holiday in this mix, Friends: today we can get more candy for less dollars and have more time to spend with friends. 

Sometimes, more is more!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment