Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Oops! Month-End's Here!

Today's the end of the month?!
Hiya, Big People!  Zoe here!  Hey.  Is it just me, or is February just about the shortest month of the year? 

I'm pretty sure it is!  You see, part of my job responsibility at work is doing a month-end report on all the TPS Reports I've reported on over the course of the month.  Usually, I figure on starting them on the twenty-ninth or so.  It isn't like it takes me a week, or that they're difficult or anything, but they ARE a pain in the diaper, so I like to give myself an extra dayertwo to complete my Month's End Report kind of at my leisure.

You know.  I like to look back over all the TPS Reports I've done for the last month or so, with a Bambinoccino and a pastry.  Sometimes with a cut-up apple or something.

In other words, I like to relax and not rush when I do my Month's End Report.
February's being only 28 days long is the real reason it's the coldest month.

Well.  Wouldn't you know, I got to work today, looked at the calendar, and realized that today's the twenty-eighth of February, and there aren't any days after it!  There isn't a twenty-ninth or thirtieth for me to leisurely start my Month's End Report on.  I've gotta get it done by NOON TODAY!  That's not gonna leave me with any time for a Bambinoccino.  That's not gonna allow me to go get a pastry!

If I'm lucky, the Canteen Cart will drive through the department, and I won't be concentratin' too hard to hear it.  I'm gonna set an alarm on my computer, on my telephone, on my tablet, and also leave a note for the Canteen Cart Operator, to let him or her know to stop at my desk so I can purchase some sustenance.

Month's End caught me off-guard this time around.

You know, it seems like when I was a kid, back in 2012, February used to be a little bigger than it is now.  I could just be my imagination, but it sure seems like just like candy bars, cereal boxes, and rolls of toilet paper, the Month of February has been downsized, ever-so-slightly, maybe to keep costs down or something.  I sure as heck don't know!

Ain't no use in complainin' when you've gotta job to do!
What I do know is that I've never been late with a Month's End Report yet, and I'm not gonna start now.  I've got a lotta work cut out for me today, Friends.  I really do.  But I'm gonna buckle down and get it all done.  No whinin'.  No complainin'.  That takes time and energy I don't have right now. 

Well, more the time thing.  I've got lots of energy!  You know that!

Anyway, I'd better go, get it all done.  If you see the Canteen Cart Operator, tell him or her to stop at my desk, please.  I love ya, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment