Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

W&Ws!

Oh, I LOVE chocolate candies!
Friends, to celebrate today's two-year anniversary of my Facebook picture-show The Daily Zoe, I got a special treat.  They were these little chocolate candies that had colorful candy shells on 'em, very much like M&Ms, but instead of being M&Ms, these candies had little Ws on 'em.  I guess they were W&Ws.

Taste-wise, they tasted a lot like M&Ms.  Maybe it was because I'm in a celebratory mood.  Maybe it's just because the makers of W&Ws have it more together than the makers of M&Ms. 

Whatever it is, I sure love the W&Ws!  I mean, I love the M&Ms, too, but everybody knows about those, and I feel like the W&Ws are a more exclusive candy, something only people who are having a two-year anniversary of their Facebook picture shows today get to enjoy.

Thing of it is, W&Ws don't trip off the tongue the way M&Ms do, name-wise.  That's too bad.  I think it's important for a candy, or anything really, to have a name that kinda trips right off the tongue.  And "W" is cumbersome to say, even just talking about the letter.  How do you do it?

Double-Yooooo?

W&Ws need a catchier name, though.  Hmmm...
Dubba-Yoo?

Dubya?!

I guess, you could say it "Dubya-n-Dubyas!", to let people know that's the kind of candy you're eating or that you want to eat.  "Hey, Mommy!  Bring me a dish of Dubya-n-Dubyas, please!  I need my chocolate fix!"

It just doesn't feel right.

What's that? ... You want me to check my Dubya-n-Dubyas?  Well, okay.  There they are, all with their dubyas going in one direction, except for a couple that are upside-down.

Hey, those upside-down Dubya-n-Dubyas look just like M&Ms......

Oh.
You mean I had my M&Ms upside-down?  That makes a lot more sense!
Oh, my-my!

You mean to tell me that all this time I thought I had a unique candy, when all's it really was was that my M&Ms were upside-down?

Don't I feel silly?  I mean it, Big People!  I feel really, really silly!

But at least I'm not eating a candy with a name that's hard to say!  And I'm gonna need some more M&Ms to study, you know, just to make sure that all it really does take is turning 'em upside-down.

I've got my work cut out for me, Friends!  So I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya!  Bye-bye!"

No comments:

Post a Comment