Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Betty Botter Bought Some Bettercreme

But, she said, this Bettercreme's bitter...
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Ides of March to you!  Besides "bewaring" the Ides of March, I have another thing Billy Shakespeare would be tellin' us to beware, if he'd been around to experience it for himself, and that is Bettercreme frosting colored with red food colorings.

You see, Bettercreme frosting is already kind of a letdown, all on its own.  You see it, and it's this fluffy mound of frosting, and you think that if it's Buttercreme, it's gonna be just heavenly.  You get your mouth all set for the cloud-like, just-sweet-enough buttery goodness that is Buttercreme frosting, and then you sink your teeth in and find... nope.  Bettercreme. 

Quite often, Bettercreme is too sweet, insteadda bein' just-sweet-enough.  It doesn't have a buttery good taste, on accounta it's either made with fake butter or Crisco.  It makes the inside of your mouth all greasy.  I think they make it too sweet, on accounta they way they want it to look all nicey fluffy, like real Buttercreme, but real Buttercreme melts different from Bettercreme, and that messes with the flavor.  So they dump a lotta sugar in to make up for it.  Anyway, that's how Bettercreme is already a disappointment unto itself, when ya thought you were gettin' a cupcake piled high with heavenly Buttercreme.

Then add in some red or pink food coloring into the mix, Friends.  From what I've gathered from what Mommy has to say, red food coloring made everything it was added to taste bitter and medicine-like when she was a kid, and it looks like someday Far Into the Future, I'll be tellin' my own Little Kid that red food coloring made everything it was added to taste bitter and medicine-like when I was a kid.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I think I could accept the red food color taste more cheerfully, if it accompanied actual Buttercreme frosting.  Unfortunately for me, the cupcake I'm not really enjoying in the picture for today was piled high with pink food-colored Bettercreme icing, so it was just a bitter, greasy mess all up on toppa that otherwise beautiful cupcake. 

If they'd'a had cupcakes frosted with pink Bettercreme frosting in William Shakespeare's day, you betchya he woulda written a play about it, and that play woulda been a tragedy. 

The way I handled that awful Bettercreme is that I just scraped it off and ate the cupcake plain. Because I do NOT waste a good cupcake, no matter how unfortunately it's frosted. 

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment