Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Pi r-Squared! Cakes Are Round!

The area of that circle is wherever the circle is located!  I am great at Math!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Pi Day to you!

I got all excited about Pi Day, on accounta I thought it was about Pie, not Pi.  There's a difference.  That seemingly superfluous "e" on the end of "pi" to spell "pie" makes all the difference in the world to the meaning of what today means.

You see, because today's 3/14, Math Enthusiasts call it "Pi Day," because pi represents 3.14 and is used to calculate the area of circles.

I don't really understand at this point in my academic career why a circle's area has to be calculated, when isn't it sufficient to just point to the circle and say, "It's right there, in that general area?"  But you Big People really go crazy, talkin' about Pi, calculatin' areas of circles, namin' days after Pi.

What I wanna know is where can I get a nice slice of coconut creme pi?  Or maybe a slice of pizza pi. I guess that's the way you fancy Big People celebrate Pi Day.  I fully support this.

Anyways, Friends, it's also Monday, so have a great Monday.  I love the dickens right outta ya, and THAT
needs no calculation.  How the heck right about that?!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment