Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Zoe Style

A smile is my most important accessory when I'm kickin' it Zoe-Style!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Thursday to ya!

Well, ya know, if ya follow me, you know I follow the fashion.  Or more to the point, I make my own style.  There's a difference. 

You see, fashion is transient and temporary.  One day, Fashion says ripped-up jeans are The Thing, and the next, if you don't turn up in skinny tuxedo pants, you're o-u-t out.  Fashion can be fun, but it's also very fickle. 

That's why I carefully curate my own STYLE.  Style is just how I am.  It's a certain aesthetic.  For instance, I'm a big proponent of the bright pattern, the unexpected detail.  For instance, get a loada my outfit today.  Eric Carle-inspired dots topped off with a pink faux fur vest.  Not everybody could carry off that look, but I can.  And of course, I wear my hair in a whimsical but functional side-braid, to keep it out of my face and finish the look off with a smile. The smile is the most important part.  That's what makes me Me!

I don't mind if people imitate my style.  That's sincere flattery, after all.  But I kinda wish they wouldn't.  You see, my style is MY style.  I work it, I flaunt it, I own it, I love it.  It's mine.  What works best on me won't work on anyone else.  They can take elements of my style, but I just really want everyone to make their OWN style, right, Friends?

The hard part is figuring out what your own style is, and the even harder part about that is that I don't even know how to tell ya where to begin, other than to pay attention to what definitely doesn't feel like your style.  If it feels like you borrowed a look from your frumpiest/most flamboyant/ most emo or goth/ most conservative friend, or if it feels like a uniform you can't wait to get off you, chances are, that look just isn't for you.  That isn't your style.  If ya hafta try too hard, that style isn't for you.  If it feels like the clothes are wearin' you, that style isn't for you. 

Soon enough, you'll start to see a pattern of the things you gravitate to and the things that make it easy for you to smile, and then you'll know you've landed on your very own style.

Be yourself, Big People!  Unless you're a jerk.  Don't be a jerk.  If you're a jerk, work on not being a jerk.  Otherwise, be yourself.  How about that?!

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment