Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Fancy or Smarty?

Sometimes I don't know whether to put on my fancy pants or my smarty pants!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!  Are ya keepin' Ms. Rubble away?  I sure am!

Well, ya know,  I'm a kid with lots of options every day.  Lotsa choices.  One of the most important choices I make every day, one of the choices that is most influential in the way my day goes, is the kind of pants I put on in the morning.

Usually, there's two different kinds of pants for me to choose from: smarty or fancy.

Now, when I wear my fancy pants, generally, I don't get spoken to as sharply as when I wear smarty pants.  I notice that when I'm wearin' smarty pants, people tend to have a shorter fuse with me, for some reason beyond my understanding, comprehension, and control. 

In light of this, you'd think it would be a no-brainer.  You'd think that I'd automatically choose to wear fancy pants every single day, to avoid the short-fusedness that results when I don my smarty pants.  Thingofitis, even the fancy pants have a downside: when I wear my fancy-pants, sometimes things feel overly complicated. 

A kid can't win. 

But you know what?  Wearin' my fancy pants and my smarty pants makes ME happy, and that's where I'm gonna choose from.  The space that's best for me, not the space where I find out what other people think.  You know?  I have no control over what other people think or feel.  I'm not even in control of whether or not other people even like me.  So I might just as well do things that make ME happy, and people can either be on board with it, or they can go see their own Ms. Rubble.  It's not my patoot to worry about it.

In case you're wonderin' which pants I have on today, Friends, I'm wearin' a rare pair of Fancy Smarty Pants.  How the heck right about that?!

Anyways, I love ya lots, Friends!  And I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment