Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

Ms. Rubble

When I don't get enough sleep, I am Ms. Rubble!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Friday to ya! 

Hey, I know this is a strange topic to talk about on a Friday, especially when I'm so darn smiley, but you know what?  The time to talk about fire safety is not when the living room's on fire, so the time to talk about Ms. Rubble isn't when I'm overtired and cranky.

That's right.  Usually, I am your sunny pal Zoe.  I'm agreeable, sweet, super-thoughtful, fun, and sparkly.  I mean, you know me, right, Big People?

However, when I'm tired and cranky, or a little sick, or a combination of lotsa things like cranky, overtired, sick, hungry, and just plain stubborn, I turn into Ms. Rubble.  And when I'm Ms. Rubble, nothing is ever right.  Nothing is ever gonna make me happy.

You'd recognize Ms. Rubble, Friends, from the screechiness my voice takes on.  Even I can hear this in my own ears, and I'll say to myself, 'Self, it isn't worth it to get all screechy and whiny and teary over gettin' ice cream in a dish insteadda in a cone.'  I really say things like that to myself.  But once Ms. Rubble's dug in her heels, which are crammed into pinchy, too-tight shoes that make her feet all blistery, I need outside intervention to make her go away.  When Ms. Rubble's in control, I sure as heck don't like it when my Big People try to intervene, either, I'll tell ya what.  I know they're just tryin' to help me...Zoe, but Ms. Rubble sees 'em as attackin' her, and she goes on the offensive.  Because when Ms. Rubble's in control, Ms. Rubble's in control, and there's no stoppin' her.

Usually a nap, as much as I hate to admit it, helps send Ms. Rubble on her way.  Cuddles help, too.  Sometimes, there's gotta be a Big Blowup to put Ms. Rubble in her place.  I'm always kind of relieved to see her go.  I'm not gonna lie to you.

Anyways, Friends, we all have our Ms. Rubble.  The best we can do is acknowledge her when she shows up, and try to schushel her off as soon as possible. 

I love ya lots, Friends, and I'll see ya tomorrow! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment