Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Christmas Card Photoshoots

I don't want to be just some lame kid in an elf suit!
 Friends, Rozzie and I are on a quest for the Perfect Christmas Card picture.  There's a lot of pressure on me this year.  Not from any outside sources, but from right in me.  I'll tell you why.

See, this isn't my first Christmas card picture.  Last year was, and all I had to do was dress up in my red outfit with the hat, and look at the camera, and that was that.  My part in the picture was all done, easy as a lemon squeezy!
Besides, elves wear pointy-toed shoes, and I don't do shoes!

This year, I'm a seasoned Christmas card picture veteran.  Or maybe not.  I'm definitely a seasoned picture-taker veteran.  I've had thousands of pictures taken of me since last year.  And Rozzie's also had lots of pictures taken of her!  So we put our heads together and decided we wanted to do something really cool and creative for our Christmas card pictures this year.
My vote's for silliness.  Silliness all the way, baby!

See, Rozzie and I are partners.  At least for the Christmas card photograph.  She does a lot of behind-the-scenes work for my Daily Zoe show over on Facebook, like making me laugh or asking me questions for my show.  I really like working with Rozzie, but she definitely calls the shots at picture-time, if you know what I mean.

The Basket Picture from Easter.
Oh, you don't?  Well, I'll tell you.  For instance, if Mommy has the backdrop up, and Rozzie wants to sit all skee-hawed on the backdrop, so you see half backdrop and half stuff behind the backdrop that Mommy was trying to hide with the backdrop, well, that's just how it's going to be.  Half-backdrop, half-stuff-behind-the-backdrop.  If Rozzie wants to roll over or not look at the camera, that's how the pictures are going to be.  When I work with Rozzie, I have to bring my A-game.

 Of course, Rozzie's always looking out for me.  See, at Eastertime, there was a picture of me in a basket.  Rozzie was supposed to be in the picture, too, but she took one look at that basket and said she was not going to be in a picture with a baby in a basket.  Now, I did take umbrage with being called a baby, but I also thought it was a little weird for me to be in the basket, too.  I mean, I don't usually go around in a basket!  Who DOES stuff like that?
I've got to learn how to show my teeth like that and get results!

So do you know what Rozzie said?  She showed her teeth and said "NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A BASKET!" and you know what?  The next picture, I didn't have to sit in the basket.  Boy, I love that Rozzie!  She's the best!

Silly flower aside, at least I'm not in a basket for this one!
She also taught me how to resist wearing headbands, so luckily, so far, with the Christmas pictures, I haven't been forced to wear headwear.  It hasn't even been presented to me.  Rozzie's told me all about the year Mommy made her dress up like a pumpkin, complete with a hat that looked like the cap of a pumpkin, and she said it hurt her dignity as a dignified member of the community, and I believe her.  Wearing hats that make you look like a pumpkin can do that to your dignity.

So that's us for this little stretch of time.  Me and my best friend, just trying to figure out our Christmas card photos.  We want to do something epic, something that really showcases our personalities.  But we also want to work together, because Christmas card photos are more fun when you get to work with a friend.

We have our work cut out for us, Friends.  We sure do.  Even in the midst of all this work, though, remember that Zoe loves you!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment