Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm SASSY: Serious About Silly Stuff, Yo!

Life's more fun when you're SASSY!
Hiya, Friends!  Have you ever heard of the FLYLady website?  Mommy follows FLYLady, because she says she likes FLYLady's approach to getting the house clean and keeping it that way by shelving perfectionism and doing things like decluttering, fifteen minutes at a time.  I think I like that idea, too, but I'm not talking so much about FLYLady as I am, thinking about all the acronyms she uses!  The FLYLady website is a rich field of acronyms- why, even FLYLady's name is an acronym: "Finally Loving Yourself."  It's all about being kind to yourself and not listening to the mean things you might say to yourself about a messy house and such.  I can't explain it and do it justice.  You should just check out the website for yourself.

It all got me to thinking, though, Friends.  I want an acronym that describes me!  I thought maybe I could turn my name into an acronym, but the best I could think of was: "Zingers, Or Else."  I've never had a Zinger before.  I guess they're like a Twinkie, which I've also never had before, but Mommy says it's just as well.  So it just wouldn't make sense that my definitive acronym be "Zingers, Or Else."  I'm really ambivalent about Zingers and Twinkies, actually, which is odd, considering how much I love cake.
Never be afraid of the silly and ridiculous: Embrace 'em!

Back on task! I've been really prone to digressing lately, and I need to stay tight to my subjects!  The revision police will be coming to get me, if I don't straighten up!  Back to my acronym!  I couldn't figure out anything I liked, and then, while I was in the tub the other morning, Mommy made me get out before I wanted to, so I kicked my legs and made all kinds of bubbles whip up, and she said, "Well, aren't you sassy today?" And I stopped kicking and thought, "Yes!"

Sometimes, things are so silly I just have to say 'hoo boy!'
There it was!  Right in front of me, right out of Mommy's mouth!  I AM sassy!  I mean I'm SASSY!  Serious About Silly Stuff, Yo!  Here's why:

If you know me, you know that I like to have a lot of fun.  I take having fun very seriously.  If you come to my office, you'll see that it's dedicated to the pursuit of Big Fun and the Advancement of Silliness.  I have a giant Ballapalooza in the corner, for heaven's sake!  What could be more silly than a giant marble-roller that lights up and plays New Wave-inspired music?

What's sillier than this giant shoe-chair?  I don't know!
Even up in my bathroom, where I get ready in the morning, and I get ready for bed at night.  I have a comb that looks like a caterpillar, and a brush that looks like a ladybug, and my toothbrush is a BANANA!  Holy smokes, if that's not Silly, I just don't know what is, then!  And I have a coupla vests that were meant to be Halloween costumes, but I like 'em so much I just wear 'em around, for a fall-weather keep-the-cold-off vest!  One is a zebra and the other's a ladybug!  How silly is that?

I am obviously very SASSY!  And I'm just thrilled to pieces that I, too, finally have an acronym of my very own!

No comments:

Post a Comment