Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Pie in the Sky!

This is what I usually eat: Strawberry Jell-O!
Oh, my goodness, Friends, guess what?  Yesterday, I went to my doctor for Part Two of my flu shot, and that went how you'd think it would.  I kind of flipped out when the nurse was getting my leg ready for the shot, but the shot was over before I even knew it, and I looked at Mommy like, 'What was that?!'  I was going to hold a grudge against her for putting a stick in my otherwise good day like that, but I decided not to.  I'm really glad I made that decision! 

You know why I'm glad I didn't hold a grudge?  Because Mommy and Gramma took me to my favorite place in the whole wide world: THE TEXAS HOT IN DOWNTOWN WELLSVILLE!!!

Now, normally, when I go to the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville, I enjoy a Strawberry Jell-O in a sundae dish, with a generous helping of real whipped cream on top.  That's my usual order, 'the yoozh,' as I like to call it.  So that's what I was expecting to enjoy today, when we sat down in a booth in the Texas Hot. 
This isn't my Jell-O!  Whaaaaaat's this?

Imagine my surprise when, instead of my usual Strawberry Jell-O, a giant piece of Banana Creme Pie was set before me! Holy smokes, Friends!  I couldn't believe my eyes, and at first,  I thought it was a mistake.  I thought my waitress got me all balled up with someone else, at first, but then Mommy said it was for ME!  Can you believe it?  I've been waiting my whole life for a piece of pie at the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville, and today, I got one!

This is out of this world!
I bet you're wondering if I thought it was as good as I thought it'd be, and the short answer is yes.  I loved everything about it.  The banana custard, the pieces of real, actual banana.  The mountain of meringue on top.  I even liked the crust, which I'll be honest, caught me a little bit off-guard.  I guess I forgot about pie having crust, because I was so wrapped up in all that meringue-y goodness. 


I had really high expectations for Banana Creme Pie, Friends, and I'm glad it didn't disappoint!  So you know what I think you should do, Big People?  Go and treat yourself to a slice of pie at the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville.  It'll make you feel better, Friends!  And always remember!  Zoe loves you!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment