Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wearin' My Shades

You can't tell from here, but I flippin' hate these sunglasses in this picture!
Hiya, Friends!  It's me, Zoe!  Well, I never thought it would, but it's happened.  I like wearing my sunglasses!  Almost as much as Mommy likes to wear hers!  My whole entire life, I've felt that my Mommy's sunglass wear has been excessive.  She wears them when she drives.  She wears them when we're walking outside.  She wears them from sunup until it's too dark to wear sunglasses.

But I get it now!  I really do!

A couple days ago, Mommy and I were getting ready to go on a walk to our polling station, and we were standing in the doorway, and the sun was shining through. 

The sun seemed a lot brighter than usual, because here at my house, we've had cloudy weather for over a week, because of that awful storm.  I'd forgotten what the blue sky and sun were like!  And while we were getting ready to go on our walk, that sun was so bright that I couldn't stop squinting my eyes!

I feel ridiculous in this getup.
So Mommy got out my blue sunglasses with the little flowers and the strap that goes around my head to keep them on, and she put them on my head.  Usually at this point, I rip my sunglasses off my face and throw them across the room.  I wouldn't have to fling my sunglasses, of course, but it's a punctuation mark, an exclamation point if you will, on my distaste for my sunglasses.

But guess what.  While Mommy and I stood in the bright sunshine the other day, I was surprised to see just how much those sunglasses help with the bright!  Holy smokes!  I could keep my eyes open wide!  I didn't have to squint!  And they didn't pinch my nose or smoosh my face the way I thought they would!

When we got outside and were walking down the driveway, I couldn't believe how much better I could see, now that I wasn't pinching my eyes shuttish, to keep the sun from being too bright!  I loved it, Friends!  I really did!

I voted for stylish sunglasses for everybody!
It just goes to show, Big People, sometimes when you try something before, and you don't like it, maybe you just have to wait a little while and try it again, and then you'll find out you might like it!  That's how it worked out with me and the sunglasses.  I thought I'd never, EVER like wearing sunglasses, but I've gotta say, I'm glad I tried them again.  I really like wearing sunglasses! 

But just because I've recently extended goodwill toward stylish eyewear like my sunglasses, that doesn't mean I'm going to make my peace with socks, shoes, or hats anytime soon.  I still don't like those things at all.  If you get a chance, could you pass along that message to my Mommy, Friends?  I don't like hats, shoes, or socks, still, but I'm cool with sunglasses.  One accessory at a time.  I'd tell her myself, but she gets all overzealous and keeps trying to put hats, socks, and shoes on me.  Drives me more nutty than a holiday assortment of mixed nuts. ... Um, that wasn't my best comparison, was it?  I'll work on that for tomorrow, Friends.  I promise.  In the meantime, have a good rest of your day, and remember that Zoe loves you!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment