Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

What I'm Thankful For!

It's fine to want things, but better to be thankful for whatcha have!
Hiya, Friends!  Zoe here.  Well, after yesterday's post, I realized that I don't want to come across as too "wanty," especially a week out from Thanksgiving, so you know what I'm gonna do today?  I'm gonna tell you what I'm thankful for.  I saw on the Facebook that one of Mommy's friends posted that she was thankful for being thankful, and that she didn't want to be that person who wasn't thankful for all she has, ever!  Mommy and I both thought that was pretty great of that friend to post.  I've really been thinking about that, the last couple days, and it's really taken hold in me!

As I sit here in my office, I look around and see that I have a lot to be grateful for, just within a few steps' worth of space.  I have a lot of nice things, and I'm grateful for those.  But I don't want to dwell just on my toys.  My toys are the icing on my cake, and you know how much I love cake!

I'm thankful for having enough to eat.  Not everybody gets enough to eat, and someday, I'd like to do something to help about that.  I know my foods don't just magically appear on my high chair tray, but that if you could push a rewind button on anything we eat, and take it all the way back to its beginning, we'd see a farm and a farmer.  I looked up farmers and farms on the World Wide Web the other day, and boy, do they ever have a lot of work to do!  They get to drive fun-looking equipment.  Sometimes I see fancy farm equipment go past my house, and I love to watch it!  And there's farmers running that equipment!  But I know the real important thing that farmers and their fun-looking equipment do is work really hard to take care of crops and land and livestock so that we can eat all our vegetables and fruits and dairy and meat, if you eat meat, and eggs, and fish... Wait a minute.  Do fish grow on farms?  Just a sec, Friends.  I need to fact-check.  I should fact-check before I start writing, but sometimes I don't know what I'm going to need to fact-check until I get to writing.  While I'm checking, please enjoy this photograph:

This is really apropos to nothing, but I thought you'd appreciate how everything coordinates, while I do my Internet search!

Okay, as it turns out, fish can be raised on farms as well as caught right out of the wild.  So I'm thankful for both fish farmers and wild fishermen, because I like fish.  I didn't think I would, the first time I tried it, but now, I like to eat salmon, tilapia, and haddock.

Speaking of Internet searches, I'm thankful for the fellas who keep our lights on.  Back the other week, when there was that terrible storm, Mommy was trying not to let on that she was afraid the lights would go off, but I could tell she was.  Our lights stayed on, even though it was very windy, but I've seen the lights go off a coupla times in my life- why, just this last summer, Mommy and Rozzie and I had to go sit in the basement, and when we came up, there were trees down in our yard, and across the road, and there was no electric!  And we made out better than some people, because ours came back on after four hours.  Some people were without for DAYS!  And then a couple days before my birthday, the lights went out for no real reason, and were out.  So I know why Mommy was worried.  It's hard to do a lot of things without lights, even draw water and cook!  So when that big storm came along a couple weeks ago, I was very thankful that our lights stayed on, and I've been thinking about those fellas, and probably some women, too, who go out and work on our power lines.  I think that job can be very dangerous!  So I'm thankful for them!
Thanks for everything, Big Guy! Zoe loves you!

I'm thankful for Rozzie, because she's my best friend in the whole, wide world, but I'm also thankful for her doctor over in Wellsville, and her doctors she saw up at the University of Guelph, when she was a little puppy, like I'm a little kid.  I can imagine how scared I would be, if I had to go to a hospital like Rozzie had to go to, but those doctors made Rozzie well, and Rozzie's doctor in Wellsville takes special care of Rozzie, and the girls who give Rozzie her bath once a month make sure Rozzie doesn't have skin problems.  I guess Rozzie had quite a time of it before I came along! 

I'm thankful for my doctor, too!  And all the nurses at my doctor's office.  I know I kick up a big fuss sometimes, especially when there's needles involved, but I haven't been sick a day in my life (knock on wood!) and it makes the needles worth it.  And you know, it really hurts for a few seconds.  I can live with that!  Rozzie told me that she gets shots every time she sees her doctor, which is once a month, and that there was a time in her life that Mommy had to give her a shot every day!  So I can handle a shot every coupla months when I go to my doctor, and he's really nice to me!  I like my doctor!

I'm thankful that I live where I can speak up without being afraid, and that I'll be able to go to school and be whatever I want to be!  I cannot stress this enough!  Plus, I'm thankful for living in a place where we can all have our own opinions and beliefs.  I know not everybody agrees with me, and I don't agree with everybody, but for me, I'm thankful that there's somebody up above.  I feel like they're looking out for me and my family.  My whole life.  You can believe or not, but I believe.  And I'm thankful that we can all believe what we think is right!

I'm thankful for being able to laugh.  Could you imagine a world where you couldn't laugh?  I don't want to!  Sometimes, the only thing you can do is laugh, and it lights up the dark.

Finally, I'm thankful for you, Friends!  Knowing you're out there makes me happy.  When I get to see you in person, that's even better!

This isn't everything I'm thankful for.  Of course not!  But I don't want to go on and on to all of you!  I'll continue being thankful on my own.  And I hope you all find some things to be thankful for, especially this week!

Remember, Zoe loves you!  Muah!




No comments:

Post a Comment