Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

When You Want Anything Done Right....


Wish I had some Honey Nut Cheerios now!
You know that saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself?" Well, I'm starting to see that those are Words to Live By, along with "Be useful as well as ornamental," and "If you live in a glass house, don't watch TV in your underwear!"

I've learned this lesson because I saw a commercial for a cereal, Cheerios, and since I've noticed I'm getting bigger, and my supply of Gerber Puffs is getting smaller, I thought I'd like to try a new snack for in my cup with the swirly grabber lid, and Cheerios would fit the bill.

I just love the sound of "Cheerios," don't you, Big People?  "Cheery-OH!"  Or if you're a francophone, "Cheery-eaux!"  That'd mean "happy water!"  I hear some of you Big People really like "happy water!"  Good for you!  I drink just regular-water, and that's good for me!

I said 'please' and everything!
Back to my Cheerios.  It's been a couple weeks since Mommy went to Wegmans.  Now, I stayed with Gramma and had a great day working at Duplo Tower- Remember that?  I do.  It was a lot of fun!  And I knew Mommy was making out a shopping list, so I made sure I wrote on the shopping list "Cheerios, with the cute little honeybee on the box, please!" I said please and everything, and was very specific about which product I wanted to have come home from the store with Mommy.

You just can't trust a grown-up.
When I saw the DOUBLE BOX of Cheerios on the kitchen counter, I knew it had paid off, and that I'd have some Cheerios in my snack cup, as soon as my supply of Puffs was gone.  Guess how excited I was today, to see not X-shaped Puffs (which I still love, by the way- I just wanted a change!) but O-shaped Cheerios!  Yessssssss!

Then I grabbed a couple and put them in my mouth.  WHAT?! I was expecting honey-ness and nuttiness with my Cheerios, and these tasted like just plain Cheerios!  Mommy!  What the heck?  I looked at the box!  It said "Cheerios" on it, but where was the cute little honeybee?  Nowhere!  Nowhere on that box was the honeybee, and I was specific when I wrote it on Mommy's shopping list!  I said PLEASE!

When I asked Mommy about it, she just said that she wants me to get used to eating regular Cheerios before I get the Honey Nut ones, and then she put me in my office and walked away.  Excuse me, but I was still yelling!  Mommy!

Zebras like oats! Zebra'll help me eat all those Cheerios!
And have you seen the SIZE of those double-boxes of Cheerios, Friends?  They're HUGE!  GINORMOUS!  In short, there's a lot of eating to do to get through a double box of Cheerios, and it'll feel like even more eating, because they're boring old plain Cheerios with no honey-nut flavor!  Oh, Friends.  I just don't know what I'm going to do.  Well, I guess I'll eat the Cheerios I already have.  I don't dislike 'em.  I just wanted the ones with the honey-nut flavor and the cute honeybee on the box.  That's all.  I'm disappointed, that's all. 

Anyway, boy have I ever learned that if I want the right box of Cheerios to come home from the store, I'd better have my hiney in that shopping cart and be right there with Mommy to make sure she picks the one with the cute little honeybee on it. I'm going to write this down, so in a year, when I finish my double-box of plain Cheerios, I'll remember to go with Mommy to the store to get the right Cheerios next time.  That's what I'm gonna do!

No comments:

Post a Comment