Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Fun Is Exhausting

Having fun is exhausting.
Hiya, Friends!

Well, I've been having a lot of fun lately, and I'll tell ya what.  Havin' fun is exhausting!

I'm not saying it's a bad problem to have, being tired out because of all the fun you've been having.  I'd say as far as problems go, it's a pretty good one to have.  I mean, I'm not gonna stop having fun so I won't be tired out anymore.  You know?

So I have a plan.  What I'm gonna do about this is keep on keepin' on with the fun, with all eight cylinders.  But to prevent feeling so tired all the time, I've decided that I'll go to bed at a decent time every night, take my naps like clockwork, unless they interfere with the fun I'm having, and make sure I eat to win.
I depend on my naps these days.

You would think I don't have much of a choice in any of these matters, because Mommy and Daddy tell me when to go to bed, and they tell me what to eat, but I'll tell you what, Friends, I've found ways around all that.  Mommy and Daddy can take me to my room and put me in my crib, but once they close the door, I don't hafta sleep.  Oh, no!  I have lotsa stories about how I stay up talking to my toys that stay with me when I'm in my room, instead of sleeping.  And just 'cause there's food on my plate at mealtime, doesn't mean I hafta eat it.
But I'm gonna keep on havin' fun!

The thing of it is, the only person I'm short-changing when I don't take my nap or when I don't eat is me, and you know what?  I'm a kid who likes to eat.  I like my brain to be nice-n-sharp.

I like to think of it as having figured out the game, Friends, not that I'm buckling to what The Man wants me to do.  Or in this case what Mommy and Daddy want me to do.

I have a lot of fun to have, Friends, and I need to be at the top of my game for that, because as I'm starting to find out, havin' fun is EXHAUSTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment