Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Goals

My goodness, you're full of questions about my plans!
Friends, I've had a devil of a time recently.  It's nothing major.  I'd say they're all first-world problems, so I'm lucky to have these kinds of problems and not real-world problems like not having clean water to drink or having tigers chase me whenever I'm waiting for the elephant caravan to come pick me up.

No, the thing that's been kind of upsetting me lately is that I'm having a Big Birthday coming up, the second one, and everybody's been bugging me about what I'm gonna do now:

Will I learn the alphabet properly, using "LMNOP" instead of saying "lemonlemonpeel" whenever I get to the middle part?
Meh. Goals are misleading...

Will I count to twelve the right way, instead of switching seven and eleven?  (I'll tell ya what.  I like eleven better than I like seven!)

Am I gonna stop opening the real refrigerator and using the bottom shelf as a seat? (NO! If the makers of our refrigerator hadn't intended that to be my seat, they woulda put the ice maker there so I couldn't sit there!)

What colleges am I gonna look into?

Am I gonna go to dental school someday?

And my absolute favorite: Zoe, are you ever gonna learn to use the potty?

To these questions, I say: STOP BUGGIN' ME!!!

My goodness!  Isn't it enough that I can eat a sandwich without using my feet?  Isn't it enough that I can speak in sentences that even people who aren't Mommy can understand, mostly? 

I'll get the alphabet, eventually.  I'll make my peace with the order of the numbers someday.  As for the potty... Just leave me alone about that.  I don't ask you about YOUR goals for potty usage, now, do I?

Why, because the unaimed arrow always hits its mark!
I think it's nothing short of folly, expecting a little kid like me to have a goal for everything.  No, no, hear me out. The unaimed arrow never misses its mark.  I know to some of you Big People, that's gonna sound like irresponsible talk, but think about it:

I'm less than a month away from being TWO!  If I get a goal in mind right now, and home in on it with laser-focus, I might be missing out on a lot of other cool things I never even thought of yet.  So I like to just live my life right now and keep my options open.  That's what I'm gonna do.  I've made up my mind, which is why I haven't asked you if that sounds good to you.  Honestly, I love ya like a buddy, but in the end, the only person who gets to decide what my goals are and when I start following 'em is me.  That's just how it's got to be.

But Friends, as soon as I get a goal in my sights, you'll be among the first to know, I'm sure, okay?  Deal?  Deal!

I love ya!  Always!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment