Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's Wednesday Again!

I hear that camel's been outta work for years!
Hiya, Friends!  Have I told you about the camel that's been terrorizing my office building on Wednesdays?  Have I mentioned it?  I know I have over on the Facebook, but I can't remember if I've said anything about it here on the blog.  If I have, I apologize.  If not, here's the backstory:

All of a sudden, this camel shows up and starts asking everybody in sight what day it is.  Like this: "Guess.  What day.  It is!" or "Guess. What. Day. It. IS!!!!"  The first time it happened, I thought it was kinda funny, but also bewildering, because he asked me, and I said "Wednesday?!" and was apparently wrong.  Not that it wasn't Wednesday, because it was Wednesday, but that wasn't the answer the camel was looking for.  Apparently he wanted to hear all of us say "It's Hump Day!"

Camels apparently get a kick out of Hump Day, because they have humps on their backs.  But so does Melanie from the switchboard, and she doesn't like us to mention it.  She even told the camel to shut up!

What's that? ... He's lookin' for me to ask me what day it is?
While I thought it was rude of Melanie from the switchboard to tell the camel to shut up, I DID get kinda tired of him going around asking everybody what day it was, and getting the same answer.

What made it worse, though, is that I was there when hump-back Melanie from the switchboard told the camel to shut up, and I felt bad for the camel because clearly, he had his own agenda, and Melanie had her own way of seeing things, and they weren't even on the same track, but she thought they were, and things got ugly and I was in the middle of it.  So I tried to befriend the camel.  I didn't know what was going on at first, because I was in a meeting up on the Top Floor when the camel got here.  I didn't want him to think EVERYBODY in our building was as sensitive as Melanie.

But the camel didn't want to conversate in a normal manner.  He found out my name's Zoe, and he told me to guess what day it is.  I thought it was never gonna end!  Never! 

Wow.

And now, every Wednesday, that camel comes strutting past the security kiosk, up the elevator, and to my department.  I can hear him the minute he gets out on my floor.  "Zoooooooooooeeeeeeeeee!  Guess. What. Day. It. Is!!!!"

So anyway, I've been trying to do a little background checking on the Hump Day Camel, and I guess his name's Joe.  He usedta be a big, famous advertising icon.  He was on posters and billboards and promotional items, and then some big laws changed, and Joe was out of work.  And now, he's all excited because he's gotten a new job with an insurance company.  I can't remember which one it is, but it isn't the one my VW Microbus is insured with.

Last week, I met another camel at a petting zoo, and I asked the camel about Joe's strange behavior on Wednesdays.  That camel didn't think it was strange, but I got a second opinion from the giraffes, and they said that it's strange, but it's a camel thing.

'Scuse me, Friends! I'm gonna go hide in the ladies' room 'til Thursday!
Still.  I've come up with a strategy for avoiding Joe the Camel on Wednesdays, so I won't be caught up in his "What day is it?" game.  I've decided that I'll just hang out in the Ladies' Room until Thursday on these Wednesdays.  The Ladies' Room on my floor is really nice.  It smells like potpourri, and it has a lounge area before you go into the actual ladies' room part.  I could take my laptop in there and get lotsa work done on Wednesdays, waiting out Joe Camel.

That's my plan. And as today's Wednesday, I'll be testing it out.  Wish me luck, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment