Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Just Droppin' In

Catch me, Uncle Lorentz! I'm droppin' in to see you!
Whee!  Well, Friends, while I was on vacation, I found a new way of making an entrance: just droppin' in!  You see, I've become very adept at walking, running, shuffling, dancing, sliding, and tripping into a room, so all that stuff is yesterday's news.  I like to turn heads and make people say "Wow!" so I was thrilled when Uncle Lorentz helped me out and we figured out how I could just drop right in out of the sky on people!

If I told you how I did it, it'd be like finding out how the magician turns the Kleenex into the dove.  Suffice it to say it took some magic.

This way of making an entrance definitely elicits a big "OH WOW!" from people! 

And that, Friends, never gets old.

It involves pulling a cord.  That's all I'm gonna say.
Now, I know I need to be judicious about where and when and upon whom I just drop in.  For instance, if I ever get to go to Cirque du Soleil (and I really, really wanna, hint, hint!), it probably wouldn't be a good idea to just drop in on anyone.  They might think I'm part of the show, and not know to catch me.  Or worse.  They might think I'm part of the show and think I have the lamest Cirque du Soleil costume in the history of the Grand Chapiteau.

This reminds me.  Somebody remind me that come Halloween-time, I wanna dress up like a Cirque du Soleil performer!

Anyway.  I also wouldn't want to just drop in on someone if they're watching a movie in a movie theater.  It could unnerve them and the other patrons, and also be almost as irritating as someone texting through the whole entire movie.

When I do any magic trick, I like to stay hydrated.  It's so important!
A restaurant would be a poor place for me to just drop in on a friend.  If you think a fly in your soup would be something strange to deal with, a Zoe in your soup would really take the cake.

Nope, I've pretty much gotta be choosy about where I just drop in on someone.  I've gotta make sure it's safe, and I'm not going to fall through a glass table or fall down an open manhole cover.  I've gotta make sure the person I'm dropping in on is ready to catch me.  That is a critical, critical component to the whole trick.  I've gotta confirm and double-confirm that they're not driving, eating, using a sharp utensil, doing calligraphy on a valuable piece of parchment and using indelible ink, giving or getting a tattoo, or watching a hockey game.

It really isn't as complicated as it sounds, Friends!  And it's so much fun!  So be prepared.  Keep your chin up and your eyes on the sky, because you never know when your pal Zoe's gonna be droppin' in on YOU!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment