Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Puttin' the CUTE in 'Persecute'

At least I can put the "cute" in persecute!
Friends, I've gotta tell ya, even though I usually meet life's challenges with grace and humor and as some would say, aplomb, sometimes it all just conspires against me.

Well, of course it does.  You know, as a Little Kid, there are days when I can't do anything right.  Days when I'm always told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and if I don't, there are time-outs to be had.  Or naps.  Because the way the Big Person Mind works is if a Little Kid stands up for herself in the face of bein' told to pick up her toys or eat her lunch, it's seen as "belligerence," and of course the answer is go take a nap.  It's all bosh and hog-wash, Big People.  Of course it is.  I mean, sometimes, you guys are actually the jerks, but it's your world for right now, so as a Little Kid, I can't say that without some kinda recourse, but I am thinking it.

Oh, you BET I'm thinking it!

So when I'm bein' persecuted in this manner, I just remember that I have one thing the Big People in my lives do not.  I have a limitless supply of "cute."  Big People can be cute, but not LittleKid-cute.  Not at all.  I can be, because I am.

It gives me great comfort to know that I can put the "cute" in "persecute," when I'm on the receiving end of such treatment. 

Hey.  I'll see ya later, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment