Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Rock You Like a Hurricane!

Life's about dancin' in the house in the rain, Friends!
Oh my GOODNESS, I've been waitin' all YEAR to use that as a title, and today, it's comin' TRUE!

Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!

As you may have heard, there was a hurricane a-comin'!  Hurricane Joaquin!  He sounds sophisticated, suave, and sophisticated!  Thing of it is, he kind of took a different turn, and there was much ado about nothing, as it turns out.  Oh, well.  I'm not gonna let this development change my subject!

Where I live, hurricanes pretty much just bring us heavy rain.  Sometimes we get some good thunder and lightning and a little of the bad kind of excitement (if that's how ya look at it!), but most of the time, it's just like a Really Big Rainstorm. 

I do not intend to make light of hurricanes for people who live in hurricane zones or anything like that.  I know that in certain places, hurricanes are very dangerous weather events.

Where I live, they just aren't.  So if you're in a Hurricane Danger Zone, make sure you have your strawberry Pop-Tarts and beverage of choice by the case and get ready for a wild and safe ride.  Evacuate when they tell you to, if not before.  Don't play silly with your safety!

I'm told where I live is just gonna get a really big drinka rainwater, so here's my Hurricane Readiness Plan: I'm gonna put on my folks' Scorpions CD and dance in the house in the rain.  Because in addition to rainy weather, it's taken a turn toward Autumn in my neighborhood, and I have a cold, so dancing in the actual rain would prove to be less comfortable than I usually like my acts of defiance and resilience to be.

And then, when I'm done dancin' in the house in the rain, what I'm gonna do is wrap up in a soft blanket and watch some of my favorite programs on the dang ol' DVR.  How about that, Friends?

I hope you have a Readiness Plan that suits your needs, too!  I love ya lots!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment