Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Still Waiting for Solar Shades

So far, no Solar Shades.
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Thursday to you! 

Well, Back to the Future Day has come and gone, and here I am, surrounded by the complete lack of Back to the Future Part II promotional Solar Shades from Pizza Hut in 1989. 

I'd be lying if I said this doesn't disappoint me deeply.  I had really high hopes for seeing Marty and Doc drop from the sky in the flying DeLorean time machine to bring my actual 1989 Solar Shades.

I have found a source for reproductions of the promotional Solar Shades, Friends, but that isn't the same.  First of all, they don't come from Pizza Hut.  They come from a website.  They're $9.99 instead of $1.99 per pair.  And I wouldn't get any pizza or the Pizza Hut aroma as my solar shades are brought to me in the restaurant.

I think that's what hurts me the most, Friends.  The lack of Pizza Hut in this equation.

Face it.  You guys that were kids in 1989 lived in a magical, mythical time.  I might have more technologically impressive times, but you had $1.99 promotional Solar Shades from Pizza Hut.

Hey.  I'll see ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment