Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

What Do You MEAN the Universe Doesn't Revolve Around Me?!

Gettin' bigger stinks.  It just stinks!
Friends, you know what I liked about bein' a baby?  Everything was about me.  It was like havin' an Express Lane in Life.  If I wanted something to eat, all I had to do was yell for it, and it was right there, in a hot second.  If I was thirsty, I just had to cry.  Boom.  A bottle was in my mouth before I could try makin' my head spin. 

When I was a baby, my happiness was first priority of everyone around me, and ya know what?  I LIKED it that way.

Well, now the heck that I'm a Little Kid, I'm findin' out that I am not, in fact, the center of the universe.  It doesn't revolve around me.  Earlier this week, Rozzie had to have surgery and get a back fulla stitches, and she was gettin' SOOOOOOO much attention. 

Well, ya know what?  I got a blister on my heel, and it reallllly hurrrrrrrrt, and all's anybody could talk about was Rozzie's back.  All's she had done was have a cyst removed.  I had a blister!  And while everybody was fawnin' all over Rozzie, would you believe I had to get my OWN Hello Kitty bandaid out of the drawer and put it on?

And when I called out Mommy for not payin' attention to ME and takin 'care of ME, Mommy looked me right in the eyes and said, "I'm sorry, Sweetie, but Rozzie needs me right now, and besides, the world doesn't revolve around you."

Well, this is news to me.  THIS is NEWS to me!  You bet it is.  And I don't like it one little bit. 

Friends, gettin' bigger just stinks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment