Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Dance, Dance: Revolution!

I am my own Tiny Dancer!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!

Well, ya know, I've loved to dance my whole entire life.  I love the way it makes me feel.  I love to move myself through the air and across the floor!  I love wearin' flouncy tutu-skirts and twirly dresses!

I don't like bein' told what to do. 

Hear me out. 

It isn't that I CAN'T follow directions.  I sure can, when I want or need to.  That isn't what this is about.  I don't have a problem with authority or with followin' authority's directions.  

I love dancin' for the fun of dancin'.  I love dancin' for the joy of it, and for me, dancin' is pure joy.  I've thought about enrolling myself in a dance class, and I know a lotta little girls my age go to dance classes, but I just don't think that's me. 

Well, I just feel like when I dance, I set my soul free, and if I were in a class where a dance instructor was yellin' at me or tellin' me my feet weren't in the right position, I'd be puttin' my soul in a cage while I was tryin' to set my soul free.  It isn't as though I lack discipline, but I DO lack the desire to be a dancer professionally.  I just like to dance because it's fun.  I like to move to the music, and sometimes the music I'm moving to is music only I can hear. That's okay. 

I know a lot of Little Girls like me love their dance classes, and they love bein' part of a routine in a group, and I love that they love that.  I love watchin' those kinds of dancers.  I really do.

But I'm Zoe Elizabeth Blake.  I am a twirling tetradecagon peg that just isn't gonna fit in a triangular or square or round hole.  And that's okay by me.

I love ya lots, Big People!  And I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment