Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tomorrow's "Back to the Future Day!"

Wish I'd been around for those movie-merchandising promotions!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Tuesday to you!

Hey.  Didja know that tomorrow is the day on which Marty McFly and Doc travel to from 1985?  It's true.  They visit October 21, 2015, and I've gotta tell ya, unless a whole buncha things get Futuristic in the next twenty-four hours, we're gonna fall short of the expectations set forth in a twenty-six-year-old movie.

I understand that when Back to the Future 2 came out, there were all kinds of promotions out to promote it, as it was very much anticipated. 

I've been readin' up on this promotional partnership between Pizza Hut and Back to the Future II, and what interests me most about the whole thing are the Solar Shades you had the opportunity to purchase at Pizza Hut in 1989 for $1.99.  When I asked my mother if she did, indeed, take advantage of this promotion, she claims that she wanted to, but was foiled because Gramma wouldn't let her buy the Solar Shades. 

I find this very hard to believe.  Why, if Gramma and I were sitting in the dang ol' Pizza Hut, and I expressed interest in a pair of blue and yellow solar shades with duck-bills over the round frames, or my choice of pink or black audaciously triangular solar shades, or a pair of half-red, half-yellow funky quadrilateral solar shades, I'd have me a pair of them in a minute, courtesy of Gramma herself, so I hardly believe that Gramma wouldn't let Mommy buy a pair of Solar Shades form Pizza Hut for $1.99 back in 1989.

I just think Mommy was a square.

Anyways, Friends, now that I've seen Back to the Future Part Two, I can't help but be struck by the fact that the 2015 Marty and Doc travel to looks an awful lot like 1985 on steroids.  Isn't that crazy? 

Wish I had those solar shades, though, Friends!

Hey.  I'll see ya tomorrow, for actual Back to the Future Day, to see how you're celebrating it!

I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment