Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Love the 1980s!

I feel the 1980s could be my second home!
Hiya, Friends!  Zoe here!  Boy, I've got to tell you something.  I love the 1980s!  Want to know why?  Well, I'll tell ya.

I bet you didn't know, but I'm a student of fashion.  I just love it.  And I've recently been all about the 1980s. I just love how they used fluorescent colors everywhere, especially paired up with black backgrounds.  That just really makes all those happy colors just POP!  Take my outfit to the left.  It's a kitty, rendered in Day-Glo faux-stitching, on a black bodysuit, and there's a pink ruffly bustle on the bottom.  I love this outfit the way it is, but if I really wanted to '80s it up, I'd add some legwarmers in hot pink, fluorescent green, and electric blue and also some pointy-toed black high-heeled shoes.  Then I'd put on an armful of bangle bracelets, or even some rubber bracelets, a pair of big, dangly earrings, and spray my hair right up crazy, so even a windstorm wouldn't move it.

I know some of you are twitching in horror right now, at what I've just said.  I realize there was a very dark side to the fashions of the 1980s.  Linebacker shoulder pads, for one thing.  Awful.  And wearing white Reebok Freestyle high-tops with the power suits with the linebacker shoulder pads.  Gosh, I guess if I had lived when those things were seen in the wild, I'd probably groan a little bit every time I thought about the 1980s.  But for  me, I wasn't there, in fact, and I get to pick what I want to focus on about back then.

Here, let me just show ya how the music sounds!
For me, it's all about the bright colors, and the crazy hair!  Man, I love to wear my hair crazy!  It's my thing.  And in the 1980s, EVERYBODY had crazy hair, and it was just the way it was!  People at the Wegmans check out didn't commentate on the crazy hair, because if they did, their voices would get tired from all the commentation.  I've decided that when I get me some more hair, I'm wearin' it big and crazy, just like the 1980s, except with a 2010s spin on it.  Mommy says our hair products are better than what you all had in the 1980s.  She mentioned something about something called Aqua Net, and how it made high school hallways the most flammable places on earth, especially between classes.  Sounds a little dangerous!

Then there's the music from the 1980s.  Maybe you know this about me, maybe you don't, but I am passionate about Dance Music from the 1960s.  It just makes me happy all over.  But I betcha didn't know that I also love music from the '80s!  My new Ballapalooza toy plays the best '80s-inspired music, that every time I'm playing with it, and the music gets going, and the lights get flashing, I'm instantly taken back to what I think 1986 was like, and I just dance and dance. 

I don't know what it is, Big People, but I feel like if I had to pick a different decade to have a summer home in, I'd probably pick the 1980s.  They just seem like they'd be fun to visit every so often.  When I really get right down to it, though, I'm glad I live in the decade of right now, because I get to have the fun of ALL the decades.  One day, I can dress like a flapper if I want, from the Roaring Twenties, and the next day, I can wear a 50s poodle skirt, or a minidress and gogo boots from the 60s, or do my hair crazy like the 1980s.  One thing's for sure.  No matter which decade you're in, everything's just a little more sparkly with a disco ball.  And I'm still waiting for mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment