Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Then Let Me Eat Cake!!!


This is me at my birthday party, with my CAKE!
 Hiya, Friends!  Today, I want to talk about something that I love, but my handlers think I ought to dial talking about it back a little, so people don't think I have a problem. I don't have a problem.  I'm just passionate.  What about?

Well, yes, I'm passionate about helping the Little Giraffes, but who in their right mind would think I have a problem, being passionate about helping the Little Giraffes?  Jeez. That's not a problem!  The problem with the Little Giraffes is that not enough of us are helping them!  How about that?!
I like to balance out the cake with a glassa milk!

No, what I'd like to talk about today is CAKE!  I just love cake!  I didn't get to have any cake until my First Birthday Party.  It was a week ahead of time from my Real Birthday.  Mommy made me pink and purple cupcakes with Swiss meringue-based buttercreme icing!  Oh, my goodness, they were the BEST cupcakes I could have imagined!  And I'd been imagining cupcakes and how they'd taste for my Whole Life before then! 

What I really liked best about my birthday cupcakes was the cake, and the icing!  It was all the best!

Gramma made me a birthday cake, too!
Then on my real birthday, a week after my birthday party, Gramma made me a birthday cake.  It was a Bonnie Butter yellow cake with hot pink icing!  And it was shaped like a teddy bear!  It was the best Real Birthday Cake I ever could have imagined!  The icing was so nice and sweet!  It was decorated up so pretty!  I just loved that Bonnie Butter cake!

I have been DREAMING of that teddy bear-shaped Bonnie Butter cake in my dreams, both day and sleepy, ever since my birthday, and that was almost two months ago!  Boy, I loved that cake!

Umm... This is me on my birthday.  I'm not proud of this pic.
But I don't have a problem.  I love cake.  I love everything about cake, except that I don't seem to have any cake right now.  But that's not a problem.  Not a problem-problem.  Not really.  I mean, I can have cake, and love it, and in times like right now, when I don't have cake, it's not like I get all twitchy.  Would I like some cake right now?  Would I LIKE some cake right now?  Why, yes, I would.  Do you have some?  Do you have my address, so you know where to send the cake you have?  I'm not asking because I HAVE to have cake.  I can not have cake any time I want.  I'm not having cake right now, right as I write my blog, and you sit reading it.  I was just saying, if you had some cake, and were willing to spare it, well... I wouldn't turn it down.  I would never turn down cake.  It's rude to turn down cake, isn't it?  Yeah, it's totally rude to turn down cake, and I'm not rude.  So if you want to send me cake, I will send you a thank-you note!  A thank-you note that looks like CAKE!
This is what my face looks like after I eat cake!

But I clearly don't have a problem.  I'm just a girl that knows what she likes, and she likes cake!  I can't help it if I have eight sweet teeth!  Cake just makes me happy.  Cake and icing and a nice, tall sippy cup of milk.  I just love it! I can smell cake whenever I go to the grocery store with Mommy.  Sometimes, I imagine my Imaginatron 2100 is a big cake that I can hop in and drive to Magic Cakeland, where everything is cake and cake is everything. I think about cake day and night, and if I could draw, I'd draw lots of pictures of different kinds of cake.  Chocolate cake, rainbow cake, yellow cake, tall cake and short cake.  I'd fashion a Devils Food couch with Red Velvet cushions and a fondant throw-blanket.  Boy, oh boy.  Wouldn't that be a great world to live in?  I think it'd be a great world to live in.

But I don't have a problem!  I swear! I can quit cake any time I want.  I just don't want to yet!

I LOVE CAKE!






















No comments:

Post a Comment