Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sister Crazy Hair!

What a blast from the past! This is my first wig!
Everywhere I go, people comment on my hair.  The overwhelming majority of people say they love it.  I have to say I love my hair, too.  It's CRAZY!  Back before I even had hair, Mommy worried that I wasn't going to get knitted me a hat out of Fun Fur yarn, so it would look like I had hair, and it looked like I had crazy hair.  I've got to say, back then, I saw me with the knitted wig and liked it and knew that if I ever got hair someday, I'd have to wear it crazy. 

The curly-fin! I remember this!
 My crazy hair started with the curl on top of my head, and at first, I thought it was a trick.  See, I fell asleep on Mommy, and when I woke up, I had this funny little curly fin on the top of my head.  I didn't think it was very funny.  But the more I looked at my hair with the funny little fin on top, the more I started thinking yes.  Somehow, I felt like I was starting to get a style.  A style all my own!
Do I look all right?
If you saw me, would you make fun?
Confidence!

 You know how it is when you're just putting your style together, don't you, Friends?  The first time you go out with your new style, you can get kind of nervous.  I know I was.  The first time Mommy did my hair with my curl on top, and we went out in public, I ALMOST wanted to wear one of my stupid hats Mommy is always trying to get me to wear.  I was afraid that people would make fun of me for having crazy hair.

But you know what happened?  Somebody said my whippy-dip hair reminded them of a Kewpie Doll, and somebody else said they LOVED my hair, and I started to feel really comfortable going out with my hair the way it is.   It's me.  It's my thing.
My crazy hair can be sporty, for when I swim!

Now, my hair's "crazy," not "messy."  "Messy" hair just means that somebody rolls out of crib and doesn't do anything to their hair.  That's not what I'm about.  See, when I get out of crib, I go straight to the bath.  Some days, I just wet my hair, and other days, I get out the shampoo.  And then, I use some of my gel and comb all my hair straight up.  Then I comb my bangs and some of the front of my hair forward.  But not too much!  I don't like my hair pasted to my head!  It makes me look like Squidward!  Sometimes, I get out the pick and fluff my hair, but usually, it gets fluffy around the back, all on its own, two minutes in my high chair, tops.  So you see, I put some effort in to my crazy hair!  I really do!
My crazy hair is also office-appropriate!

 I've noticed that when I see other kids my age out and about, most of them don't have crazy hair.  I can't help but wonder if it's because they're afraid to go out with crazy hair, if they think people'll make fun of them.  I'm here to say that most people won't make fun of the little kids, if they want to go out with crazy hair.  And you know, if they do, the little kids don't have to pay them any mind.  The important thing is to figure out your own style and then let it shine, shine, shine! 

So that goes for you, too, Big People!  You don't have to go out with crazy hair to have your own style.  Maybe your thing is colorful sweaters, or silly socks, or neat shoes, or maybe you like to wear all black, or a baseball cap everywhere.  Whatever makes you feel like You, don't worry about what people think, and just be yourself!  It's crazy how good it makes you feel when you're Yourself!  Take it from Zoe Crazy Hair!  Having a style of your very own just rocks!




No comments:

Post a Comment