Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Zoe's Disco Dreams

Still dreaming of my disco ball I don't have yet.
Well, Friends, last night was my first night with my closet all cleaned out and organized.  I didn't have any of the monsters stop in.  This disappoints me.  As I learned from watching Monsters, Inc., the monsters are actually really friendly guys!  They're just tryin' to make a living like the rest of us. 

I think I didn't get any monster friends stopping by because they know I don't have a disco ball in my closet yet.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my closet.  I'm told I have the best one in the house.  But it's kind of like just a big white box.  A disco ball would really perk it up.

I know better than to ask for some paint in there.  But someday, I'm going to have to insist.  I can't become the number one premier closet location for Monster Parties with just a white box for a closet.  Would you want to visit a hotel ballroom for your party, and have it just be a bare floor with plain white walls and no disco ball?  I wouldn't think so!  It's the same with my closet.  It's a little space.  It has no excuse not to be FABULOUS.  That's what I have to say about it, anyway.

In other news, isn't it funny the way the weather works?  I was just thinking back to the beginning of September, and it was hot outside!  And now, I have to put on my long-sleeved bodysuits under my outfits, and Mommy's trying to bribe me into wearin' socks.  Me!  Remember?  I don't like to cover up my Feet of Fury.  I don't care how cold it gets outside!  But that's not where I was going with this.  Where I was going with this is that just last month, in the beginning of September, it was so hot the icing for my birthday-party cupcakes melted while Mommy was trying to get them done, and now that it's October 1st, it's a little chilly.  I guess that's why the last four months of the year end in "Brrrrrrrrrrr!"

Truth is, I like it hot outside, and I like it cool outside.  I like all kinds of weather, really.  You just gotta know how to adapt to the different weathers.  You know why I like the hot weather?  'Cause I can swim outside in my pool.  I guess I get to swim inside in my pool here in the winter, if I wanna.  but it's more fun to be outside, 'cause it's summer and I can see my Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz more often.  She's a schoolteacher all the way on Mars!

But I like the cool weather, too.  I like my little heater in my bathroom.  It blows out hot air, and I think it's so much fun to get out of the tub, and have the heater on while I get dressed.  It makes my bathroom seem like a spa.  At least in my head.  That's what I'll call it from now on.  The 'In My Head Spa and Retreat for Me, Zoe!'  How about that?

You know what it really needs, though?  Besides my little heater and my bath toys?  A disco ball.  Everything's better with a disco ball, I think.  Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment