Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

What's the Deal With Shopping Carts?

No matter where I go, the shopping carts all face the same way.
 Hiya, Friends!  Zoe here!  Today I want to talk about something that's been bothering me ever since I left my baby carrier behind and started riding in the shopping cart like a Big Girl. 

How come the seats all face me toward Mommy, instead of being turned around so I can see where we're going?  It's the same wherever we go, whether it's JoAnn's, Target, Wegmans, Market District at Giant Eagle, Whole Foods, Trader Horn, Kmart, Tops, or Giant Food Mart in Downtown Wellsville.  That Giant Food Mart- their people might make a difference, but their shopping carts are certainly the same.

Even at Whole Foods, my view never changes!
And I've got to say, I'm kind of tired of riding backwards and seeing just Mommy.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my Mommy.  But I see her all the time at home.  When I go out to the store, I want to see different things.  It's bad enough that I have to just watch the back of the back seat in the Jeep, because I have to ride facing backward.  At least let me look ahead and see things when I'm riding in the shopping cart at the store!

Now, when I'm out and about with Mommy, I take the opportunity to network and converse with other little kids I see in stores, and they all say the same thing.  They say they'd like to be able to face forward instead of looking at their Mommies, too!  We're little, and the world is really big and exciting, and we just want to see everything new that we can!

Please let us see where we're going, Big People!
You know, if I got to ride in the shopping cart forwards instead of backwards, I wouldn't need Mommy to bring in so many stroller toys to keep me occupied while we're getting our groceries.  Watching all the other people would be entertainment enough for me!  And I bet I'd be able to use my sharp little eyes to spot fun things on end caps that Mommy might miss, because she's looking at her shopping list.  I could really be a big helper at the grocery store, if I rode facing forward!  And I love to help!

Plus, I learn so much from watching people.  You wouldn't believe the things I learn, Friends!  I get real-world knowledge of fashion dos and don'ts, real-live examples of how to act and how not to act, and how people decide what packages should go in their baskets!  It's endlessly fascinating!  That's why I'm always trying to crane my neck around to see, when I'm riding in the shopping cart!  

Whose idea was it to make us shop so all's we can see is our Mommy, anyway?  Why does it hafta be this way?  We've put men on the moon and remote control cars on Mars, Big People?  Why can't somebody come up with a shopping cart that lets a little kid face the world?  Why can't they?

I guess until somebody does rework all the shopping carts so they're more fair to their passengers, I could maybe rig up something like a rear-view mirror that hooks onto the handlebar, and be happy watching that.  Of course, I'll have to remember that everything in a mirror is opposite.  That'll take a little brain power.  But I'm up to the challenge, Big People!  And I hope somebody out there is also up for the challenge of revolutionizing the way little kids like me ride in shopping carts!  I really hope so, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment