Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Why I'm So Happy All the Time

What makes me so happy?
 Hiya, Friends!  Zoe here!  People ask me all the time where I get all my energy, and why I'm so happy.  I've even been asked if my Mommy gives me any of Honey Boo-Boo Child's "Go-Go Juice."

Now, I don't drink juice, and I didn't know what a Honey Boo-Boo Child is, so I had to do some sleuthing on the Internet.  The Internet knows EVERYTHING!  And after I found out what both a Honey Boo-Boo Child is and what Go-Go Juice is, I hafta say, 'Good lord, NO!'

I'm sorry, what's a Honey-Boo-Boo Child?
I guess I get my energy from what I eat.  I like pretty much everything.  Carrots and sweet potatoes are my favorite, but I like spinach and squash and peas and pears and peaches and applesauce and beans- string AND legume... I eat all the different kinds of meats, too.  Beef and chicken and turkey and salmon and white fishes.  You know, I've even had luau food!  Mommy made some pork in the crockpot, and made it taste like it'd been cooked in a fire-pit, and then we had pineapple and poi with it!  I had it mixed right up, all together, and I really liked it!  I want to go to a real luau in the State of Hawaii someday!

So that's what I eat, to get me my energy.  No special thing.  I just make sure I get enough protein, and a variety of fruits and vegetables, and enough fiber.  Maybe I'm so happy, because I get lots of fiber.  Big people, do not underestimate that one!

As for being so happy all the time, well, I'm just like everybody else, really.  I get in moods sometimes.  I get discouraged.  But then, I get thinking about where I am in the world, and I look around.  I live in a really, really nice town.  It isn't big at all, but when anybody needs anything, people are there for each other.  It's safe here!  I have a nice comfortable place to sleep every night.  I never have to worry if I get to eat at my next meal, let alone if it's going to be good food.  I don't have to worry about dingoes eating me!  That ought to be enough to put a smile on anybody's face!  I have a best friend Rozzie.  I have nice toys to play with.  Some of them make noise, and some of them don't.  I get to wear nice clothes.  I don't have to wear raggedy leaves or dishrags.  I have nice clothes.
I'll pass on the Go Go Juice, but I'll have some milk instead, please!

And someday, I'm going to get to go to school and be whatever I want to be when I grow up.  I've heard on the news that in some spots in the world, little kids are too busy just surviving to get to go to school, and in other spots in the world, little girls aren't allowed school.  I know things aren't perfect, but at least I'm going to get to learn how to read and write and make numbers do magical things. 

And I believe in magic.  That makes me happy.  Not the kind of magic you're thinking I'm thinking of.  I believe in the magic that makes the world go around, that makes it get all light in my bedroom when it's time to wake up, and the magic that turns the leaves from green to red, and lets me feel Rozzie's soft fur and hear her bark and talk to me. 

I don't know what else to call it, so to me, it's magic, and that's all right.

I guess that's that, Friends!  I'm so happy, because I don't have a real reason to be sad.  I have my moments, just like anybody does, but in the end, I think I'm really lucky to be me, and to be where I am, and to have all my nice friends, just like you!  So I hope that if you ever get sad, Friends, you remember all the nice things you get to have and eat and see, too.  And always remember, Zoe loves you!  Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment