Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

About Our Recent Cold-Snap

Uh-oh.  I think I have a confession to make!
Hiya, Friends!  I have a confession to make, and boy is it ever a doozie.  Now, stay calm and don't get mad at me when I tell you what I think I did.  It was an accident, and all.  An honest mistake.  Could happen to anybody, but as it turns out, it happened to me. 

Okay.  Are you all nice and calm and ready for me to tell you?  Are you sure?

The recent chilly weather?  I think it's my fault.

Have a listen as to why.  It's really quite reasonable, if you just give me a chance to explain.

I know I've told you I'm friends with Santa Claus.  Yes, that Santa Claus.  North Pole, white beard, Christmas.  Santa and I are pals, and we go way back.  Way back for me.  Not really way back for him, since he's immortal and all. 

Anyway, Santa calls me on a magic telephone every now and then.  When it's cold out, talking to Santa on the telephone makes me feel warm, and I can smell a fireplace, and hot cocoa.  It's really quite nice!  In the hot summer, when Santa calls me on the telephone, he sends me a blast of North Pole air, and it's scented with peppermint.  It's really refreshing.  Helps me get through the hot days!

I think what happened, though, in regards to the recent cold-snap, is this: when Santa Claus called me on the magic telephone this last time, I was busy doing some things around my office.  Sorting my playsilks, I believe.  And I put Santa Claus on speakerphone.  I told Santa what I was doing, because it isn't nice to put people on speaker if they don't know they're being put on speaker, but I think that cold arctic air also was on speakerphone, and it leaked out of my office and onto the porch, down the yard, and from there, it caught up with the air on the road and followed the roads wherever they go, and next thing ya know, the whole region is in the grip of a cold snap here in what's supposed to be the hot part of the summer.

You're not gonna stay mad at me, right Friends?
You see?  It's a logical explanation for what happened, and I said I was sorry.  Now Santa Claus and I know that if I put him on speaker phone, and he sends the cold air, and the conditions are right, or wrong, depending on how you look at it, I can accidentally change the weather patterns for the area in which I live.

I know what I did wrong, and now Santa Claus and I are working on a localizer to put on my magic telephone, so that any air from the North Pole, hot chocolate-scented or peppermint, stays just in the room with the telephone, and that it doesn't travel down to the road and follow the road wherever it goes.

Santa assures me that pretty soon, our regular summer weather should return, right as rain, so please don't report me to the authorities, okay? 

I love ya, Big People!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment