Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Up, Up, UP!!!

Music puts a smile on my face and a song in my heart!
Hiya, Friends!  I bet you know how much I love Sixties Dance Music, and New Wave Music from the 1980s, but I bet you don't know what my favorite song is.  Well, I'll tell ya.  It's a song I got in one of my Boxes I get in the mail.  Not the one with the stuff all about Potty Training that's forever tainted my days with constant questions like 'Do you wanna use your potty today, Zoe?'  The answer's no.

No, the box that I got my favorite song in was a different box.  It came with a book and a See-Dee, and it has glorious music on it.  The song and the book is called "Up, Up, Up!" and it's about flying up, up, up... up in a balloon!  It's about all the things you can see while you're flying up in a balloon, like trains and race cars and bikes, and all the different animals, and jungles and cities, and countries, and how if your balloon goes up high enough, everything looks GREEN!

I'm singin' to ya right now, Friends!  'UP, UP, UP!'
It's my favorite song that's the reason I like to tell Mommy everything's green.  I know the difference.  I think we've talked about this before, but that's why.  Because in my favorite song, the balloon goes up high enough, and eventually, everything really does look green from far away, so technically, I'm not wrong.  Somebody, somewhere is always up high enough just to see green, so it doesn't matter if Mommy's holding up a red towel and demanding for me to say what color it is.  To somebody up in a balloon or in an aeroplane, that towel's green, by golly!

What I really like about that song is that it has a nice tune and a really good message.  That we're all on this blue and green marble together, Friends.  And that helps me feel not so alone, when I'd otherwise feel kinda lonely.  It also helps me remember to help people out when I can, because I'm not here by myself.  There's lots of us here!  And we can all be friends! 

Now that's a message I can get behind!  I love ya, Big People!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment