Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Good Witch of the North (Bing)

Bling!  The Good Witch is here to save the Bing!
Hiya, Friends!  I've recently seen The Wizard of Oz, and I've gotta tell ya, that Good Witch of the North sure gets to wear some pretty dresses and travel in style!  She rides around in a BUBBLE!!! 

Do you know who else loves pretty dresses and BUBBLES?!  ME, ZOE!

It was meant to be, really, Friends, that I would become the Good Witch of the North (Bing).  I mean, The Bing is just like Munchkinland, without the Yellow Brick Road, and the people are taller, and to my knowledge, nobody breaks out in spontaneous choruses of song.  At least not where they can be seen and heard.  Also, we wear different clothes than they did in Munchkinland.

Otherwise, my town and Munchkinland are practically twins!  How about that?!

So it as only natural that I'd elect myself Good Witch of the North (Bing). 
And this office entails riding around in a bubble, wearing pretty dresses, and using my Magic Bottle Brush-slash-Magic Wand to grant wishes and to help where ever I am needed.

I'm still in my training period, and I'll be honest with you, Friends.  Some wishes are pretty intense.  I can't grant 'em, so instead, I bestow a pet guinea pig on the hapless wisher, so they don't go away empty-handed.

Then there's the travel-by-bubble.  That's not as easy as you'd think it is, Friends.  That's something nobody told me when I elected myself to this position.  Oh, getting the bubble off the ground and into the air is easy.  I'd even go so far's to say it's fun.

Once you're up in the air in that bubble, though, Friends, all bets are off.  I haven't learned yet how to steer very well, so I'm kinda at the mercy of whichever layer of air I've found myself in.  I guess I've gotta learn to read the air and go up and down according to which layer's going my way, and all.  But do you know how hard it is to read the air, Friends?  It's like a stream-of-consciousness story written by a crazy person!  It really is!

Then there's the landing.  Holy smokes, you'd think that bubbles would be easy to land, but they aren't.  It takes a coupla stabs at it, and sometimes, I just hafta pop my bubble when I'm close to the ground and hope for the best, you know?
The Bing is like Munchkinland, except different and with taller people!

You know what they say, though.   If ya can fly in a bubble, ya can pretty much do anything, so that's my hope right there.  And of course that I make the Bing a better place, being its Good Witch and all. 

I think Mommy had the right idea, though.  She picked being a Wicked Witch, and wears black all the time, and she gets to fly around on a Dyson.  If ya look close and listen carefully, you'll see her fly across the full moon sometimes, cackling to beat all!  I guess those Dysons can reach some pretty fast speeds up in the air, and they're not susceptible to the whims of the air.  They can pretty much power through anything.
Hehehe.

And unlike the movie, throwing water on Mommy the Wicked Witch doesn't make her melt.  I cannot stress that enough. 

I've sure got my work cut out for me.  That's for true.  But I'll get it, Friends.  I'll get it!  In the meantime, if you're trying to find me, don't follow the Yellow Brick Road, whatever you do.  There isn't one, mostly, is my reason for telling you that.  Just put a nice pillow out in your yard, in case I'm out learning how to fly and land in my bubble. 

I love ya, Friends!  Muah!  *Bling!*  Guinea pigs for EVERYBODY!!! Hahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment