Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Just Have Fun With It!

Put on some fun threads!
Well, hiya, Friends!  Guess it's Monday, all over again.  Boy, Mondays can be a little hard to get into, especially after the fun and games and fun of a holiday weekend, like what we've just completed.

Fortunately, I have some steps for combating Mean Monday.  I'll help ya not let Monday get to you, and maybe even you'll start to like it a little bit!

First of all, find your most fun threads.  If you're working today, and if you're grumpy, you probably are, make sure your fun threads are office-appropriate.  Hey, workplace-appropriate duds can still be fun!  Yes, they can!  Look at me!  I work in a more creative industry, so I have a little more leeway on my clothing.  But I'm wearin' a black and white polka-dot romper, a denim jacket with a bright red flower, my froggie sunhat, and of course a fabulous pair of shoes.  My outfit alone already lifts my spirits!
Sing your favorite song!

Next of all, put on your favorite music, or even better, sing your FAVORITE song!  Right now, my favorite song is one my Aunt Colleen taught me.  It goes: "OOOOOOOOOOOH a peanut sat on a railroad track: his heart was all a-flutter!  When around the bend came Number Ten, TOOT-TOOT! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeanut Butter!"

Granted, it doesn't turn out very well for the peanut (why was he sittin' on the railroad track?  Was he depressed?  Couldn't he have gotten a prescription and avoided this whole tragedy?  Couldn't he have talked to somebody to help him sort out his head? I don't know.), but it's set to a jaunty traditional tune, and I can't help but think of Aunt Colleen when I sing it, and that makes me smile! 

I guess I need to add to that item that I don't wantchya lettin' Monday make ya feel like that peanut obviously felt.  You know what I'm sayin'?

If all else fails, drink with a pink curly straw!
Finally, if all else is failing you this Monday, and you're starting to feel all sad and stuff because the weekend's over, here's what I wantchya to do, Friends: think of your favorite treat.  Is it chocolate?  Is it cake?  Is it chocolate cake?  Whatever it is, go get yourself one.  And also, get yourself a cold beverage.  It's July.  Have 'em put ice in your coffee or tea.  It's wonderful, I'm told.  Whatever.  This is key.  With your favorite cold beverage, again, that's work-appropriate- sorry for bein' a prude, but I gotta be, because I don't wantchya gettin' in trouble on my account, with your cold, work-appropriate beverage, ask 'em for a bendy straw in a great color.

I'll letchya in on a little secret, Friends.  Friendly's has the BEST bendy straws!  They come in blue, pink, and purple!  I'm enjoying a pink one in the photograph to the left.  And I'll tell ya what.  It made even just ice water taste more fun! 

There ya have it, Friends!  My advice on how to make Monday less miserable!  Just have fun with it, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment