Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Countin' to TEN!

I usedta think numbers were too numbery!
Friends, you know how when ya get mad, people are always tellin' ya to count to ten before you say anything or go off like a rocket ship?  Well, for my whole life, this presented me with a serious problem.  Not that I get mad often, but I do get frustrated sometimes.  I mean, my motor, verbal, and social skills on the outside haven't caught up to how I feel on the inside yet, and that can be really frustrating.  Think about it!

Anyway, I'm always hearing 'count to ten,' and I always wondered 'what does that even mean?'

And then I realized it.  I already know how to count to three.  Remember 'one....two....three...WHEEEEEE!'  Remember that from a few days ago?  Do you?  I remember it!  And guess what!  Counting to ten is like the sequel to that.

I figured it out the other day in the tub.  I started counting 'one...two...three...wheeee...five...something...seven...eight....nine...TEN!'  And there it was!  TEN!  I was so darned excited, I splashed Mommy and did it all again, except this time around, Mommy helped me fill in the blanks.  As it turns out, 'wheeeee!' doesn't come after 'three' when you're climbing all the way to ten.  That hit me as quite a shocker, but hey, I wanna learn to do this the right way, so I'll keep my mind open to it.  And then 'something' doesn't come after five.  'Something' is SIX!
But now I just can't get enough of 'em!

So there I have it!  One, two three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, TEN!  I can do it!  And I found out there's even MORE numbers after ten!  I can't wait to meet 'em! 

Truth be told, though, I'm kinda hoping Mommy makes me mad today, so I can practice counting to ten some more.  I guess she'd say I don't hafta get all mad to practice, but where's the fun in that?  Where, Friends?

Well, maybe I'll just hafta practice counting to ten when I'm calm, so it's there when I really need it.  Maybe that's the way to go.  I bet it's the way to go.

So I'm off to get crackalackin' on that, Friends.  Remember, I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment